PDA

View Full Version : New Detached Home - Considering Pot Lights

Shaun
2010-11-30, 01:10 PM
I just recently purchased a newly built home and am considering installing Pot Lights in my home. I noticed that the builder ovecharges and may not even provide as good products as some companies specialized in this. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks
Shaun

Johnny_007
2011-05-02, 12:26 PM
I just recently purchased a newly built home and am considering installing Pot Lights in my home. I noticed that the builder ovecharges and may not even provide as good products as some companies specialized in this. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks
Shaun

Shaun, much like with any upgrade there are numerous professionals on the market who install pot lights on daily basis for a price that is at least twice smaller than what any builder will charge you. You can start by looking on kijiji.

rocmon
2011-12-15, 05:27 PM
I would get the pot lights installed by the builder... they will ensure the appropriate number of lines are extended to the power box, switches are balanced.

The added cost compared to post construction addition is well worth trying to find a reliable trade who will complete the work with the same level of competence.

Last point, whatever additions you do with builder will esentially be added to your home appraised value immediately... adding 10-25k in upgrades get that value into your mtg immediately - good if you have a portion of your mtg as a line of credit.