PDA

View Full Version : Baton Rouge by Democrat Homes

plip630
2011-03-13, 12:15 AM
hi!
just looking to get some review on the new homes that being built by democrat homes.
can anybody give me some input about this builder cant find anything on google.
here's the link to their website:

http://democrathomes.com/batonrouge/batonrouge.html

thanks

henesse
2011-07-15, 01:57 AM
don't do it, horrible experience.

Rjones
2011-07-25, 12:35 AM
don't do it, horrible experience.
Please share.

henesse
2011-07-26, 11:24 AM
It started off with the shady sales representative. Tried to rip us off on the upgrades. They took out a bunch of the upgrades without notifying me and try to get me to sign by distracting me. It's a damn good thing I didn't buy in to this development because I went by few weeks ago and it looks like the city has tagged several of their homes with minor and major deviances. There are signs posted outside these houses. I even found out they built the wrong houses on few of the lots.

plip630
2011-09-12, 12:13 AM
It started off with the shady sales representative. Tried to rip us off on the upgrades. They took out a bunch of the upgrades without notifying me and try to get me to sign by distracting me. It's a damn good thing I didn't buy in to this development because I went by few weeks ago and it looks like the city has tagged several of their homes with minor and major deviances. There are signs posted outside these houses. I even found out they built the wrong houses on few of the lots.

sorry but already bought from this development, but just want to know something:
1. how they tried to rip you off on upgrades?
2. my house is being built but and didnt see any tag outside the house for any minor or major deviances. where did you get this news?
3. also, how did you know the houses are being built on wrong lot?

thanks

sugar
2011-10-21, 01:48 PM
I joined here just so I could post on this thread. our home with democrat still is not complete. It's been two years since we've lived here. this company is absolutely terrible. You'll start to realize this when you've moved into your home and there are still hundreds of things to be done. We are STILL trying to get someone to respond to us about current issues that should have been done 2 years ago. They seem to pack up and leave when the project is 90% done. I am not the only one who has had issues either. Pretty much everyone on my block has something bad to say about them. I wish I had known about their failures to commit to a job before I purchased, and I wished someone had warned me like I am warning you!

plip630
2011-11-06, 11:34 PM
I joined here just so I could post on this thread. our home with democrat still is not complete. It's been two years since we've lived here. this company is absolutely terrible. You'll start to realize this when you've moved into your home and there are still hundreds of things to be done. We are STILL trying to get someone to respond to us about current issues that should have been done 2 years ago. They seem to pack up and leave when the project is 90% done. I am not the only one who has had issues either. Pretty much everyone on my block has something bad to say about them. I wish I had known about their failures to commit to a job before I purchased, and I wished someone had warned me like I am warning you!

which development did you get?
before i bought the house i read review also from other development on location that i want. almost all builder, small or big have always complain about the quality.

can you let me know your complain so i can watch out when i do my PDI and closing. you can pmed if you dont want to post.

thanks

henesse
2011-12-01, 08:48 PM
sorry but already bought from this development, but just want to know something:
1. how they tried to rip you off on upgrades?
2. my house is being built but and didnt see any tag outside the house for any minor or major deviances. where did you get this news?
3. also, how did you know the houses are being built on wrong lot?

thanks

1. Like I said, they gave us a bunch of upgrades which they later removed from the final contract and tried to get us to sign.
2. The middle house against the park had minor and major deviances tagged by the city of Toronto on a laminated green paper.
3. The two houses on Rozell Rd. were built on the wrong lot and owners had to switch. Owners were in the office arguing while I was at the previous sales office (First House on Andona cres.)
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=43.791815,-79.143003&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&doflg=ptk&z=19

We bought in to Mattamy(Chesterton Shores), so far it's been a nice experience.