PDA

View Full Version : Dirt dust and mess all around.

I guess its one of the drawbacks of being the first one to close in a new development. Its been couple of weeks since we moved and our house is a corner one (at an intersection of uncompleted rows) sort of in the middle of whole site. Everymorning and evening the trucks/vans zoom by at good speed blowing dust around as the roads are still not complete.

Its understandable to a certain extent, but I am bothered by the amount of car-washes I have to go since we moved. Each time I get my car washed and come back I dread to park in the lot. Given that garage floor (only one garage) still needs to completed, the only choice is to park the 2 cars outside. Yesterday was awesome, when I returned from work and got off the car...a Truck (one of the huge mud/cement carrying ones) zooms by at full speed. I was literally in a dust storm, not exagerating, wish I could click some pics.

So quickly to ask, is there any claim form for the new home buyers to cover the effects of debris, dust in a contruction site. Look at the exterior, we also need a good clean off all the glass windows from outside. Can this be included in the 30day?

good2know
2011-04-09, 05:42 AM
no - that would be considered home maintenance

Shan1214
2011-04-09, 07:52 AM
I've been living in a construction zone for well over a year now. I knew what to expect when I moved into a brand new build. My advice - get used to it..sorry..