PDA

View Full Version : Pool

newoakville
2015-04-15, 09:19 AM
Hey,

We live in the Preserve Mattamy home, we are considering installing a pool, was wondering if any of you are?

Sweetgrass
2015-04-15, 10:27 AM
We were considering it. I've spoken to the builder and it is possible for them to provide the grading certificate right away... we've had a pool company and a landscape company in for estimates already... what type of pool were you thinking?

heinz
2015-04-15, 10:40 AM
Please let me know the estimates too thanks

Sweetgrass
2015-04-15, 11:21 AM
There are a lot of variables that can effect the price like the way the yard slopes and the access to the yard. We were looking at fiberglass, salt water and the range is anywhere from $30,000-$70,000 depending on the size. That includes all of the drawings and permits, 3 feet of concrete or patio stones around the pool, gas heater, pumps/filters, cleaning accessories, etc.
If several people want to buy at once, it saves a few thousand because of the equipment rental and disposal of the soil.

newoakville
2015-04-15, 11:52 AM
based on what we are looking for... say 11x24 pool, the entire back-yard in stone and stone steps.. $60-70k.

heinz
2015-04-15, 03:17 PM
How much the landscaping would cost without pool?

newoakville
2015-04-15, 03:35 PM
the pool is 35k I believe.

WellThatsLovely
2015-04-15, 03:55 PM
It depends on what you want to have done. You can spend $2,000 for just a drawing... and we're also finding that some contractors are inflating the price because of the size of the house and the neighborhood that it's in... the last one couldn't control himself and when he saw the house, started saying $5,000 more than what we talked about the first 2 times we met, then $10,000... by the afternoon he was over $20,000 more than the "up to" price he mentioned in the beginning.

heinz
2015-04-15, 04:40 PM
Oh no I am scared of "scammers" lol

g_goo_goo
2015-04-15, 05:12 PM
It depends on what you want to have done. You can spend $2,000 for just a drawing... and we're also finding that some contractors are inflating the price because of the size of the house and the neighborhood that it's in... the last one couldn't control himself and when he saw the house, started saying $5,000 more than what we talked about the first 2 times we met, then $10,000... by the afternoon he was over $20,000 more than the "up to" price he mentioned in the beginning.

If they are already drooling at the neighbourhood with $$$ in their eyes, I am wondering how much putting up the fence would be? or simple landscaping, like interlock?

newoakville
2015-04-15, 06:29 PM
Any companies to recommend? We know that Artistic Pool is very good company, yet they will not come work in Oakville!

WellThatsLovely
2015-04-15, 11:15 PM
If they are already drooling at the neighbourhood with $$$ in their eyes, I am wondering how much putting up the fence would be? or simple landscaping, like interlock?

We have a semi-tradition of having the fence posts set (which used to cost around $35/post) and installing center panels ourselves... It's kind of a fun way to meet the neighbours and kids to make friends :)

Fitness Flow
2015-04-19, 09:51 AM

Got quoted yesterday for fencing... it seemed to be in line with if not better than online research costs. 100 feet linear is running around 18.5$/LFT if neighbour will split. Excellent material and posts. So I'm not seeing location inflation for fences.

Sweetgrass
2015-04-19, 09:57 AM
based on what we are looking for... say 11x24 pool, the entire back-yard in stone and stone steps.. $60-70k.

We were looking at the same size range (since the yards are so tiny) and several friends have actually suggested that a swimspa might be a better value with our tiny yards and increasingly shorter summers. Their largest size is 8x19 which sounds small but when we got into it, it was HUGE and they have a current which makes it feel even bigger... they can be used all year round or winterized if you want. They are self-cleaning and self-contained so you don't need a separate building for the pump (which takes up even more space)... You have the option of sinking it into the ground or having it above ground (or sinking it to any depth you want to match the surroundings)... If it's above ground with a lockable hard cover you don't need a permit so it can go closer to the house or property line than an inground pool can... and they don't seem to cost nearly as much as I expected to heat, and they're surprisingly quiet.

Legend1
2015-04-20, 06:32 PM
Got quoted yesterday for fencing... it seemed to be in line with if not better than online research costs. 100 feet linear is running around 18.5$/LFT if neighbour will split. Excellent material and posts. So I'm not seeing location inflation for fences.
Hi - How high is this fence and what size post are they using?

Thanks.