BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community!

BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/index.php)
-   Ottawa (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   PDI Went very well-5 days away from closing (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/showthread.php?t=9080)

M&H 2009-03-05 10:56 PM

PDI Went very well-5 days away from closing

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

We have our PDI yesterday, other than the external (Seasonal) items, we found around 30 items and most of them are not major. We are really happy with our color selection and the result.

The only issue that was a major construction is the window in one bedroom was not centered in the bay for that room and looked uneven from outside.
The Richcraft person mentioned it on the PDI list with a remark to check the blue print. I thought this would take some time to resolve, but was impressed today (less than 24h hours from reporting the PDI) that they have ripped the window and reinstalled in the right place. I was really happy with them taken action to resolve right away.

I don't know how many times I visited the house and took pictures from outside, I never noticed that it was not centered until they did the outside finish for that area.

See attached.

Judokas 2009-03-06 01:03 AM

Glad to hear they fixed it right away! My last home was a Richcraft and I found them to be very good as well.

5 Days! Enjoy the new home.

M&H 2009-03-06 01:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judokas (Post 87960)
Glad to hear they fixed it right away! My last home was a Richcraft and I found them to be very good as well.

5 Days! Enjoy the new home.

Thanks. During the whole construction process, they listened and corrected every issue that I have mentioned without any questions.

Here is the current view. I took the picture around 4pm.

rgauvin 2009-03-06 09:11 AM

I'm glad to hear they took ownership for their screwup and fixed it appropriately.

M&H 2009-03-06 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rgauvin (Post 87966)
I'm glad to hear they took ownership for their screwup and fixed it appropriately.

We all human and we all do mistakes at work or at personal level, but the important thing to admit that there was a mistake and solve it. Why do we expect the trade people to be different?

This is what happened with my builder and I am really happy that there went this route, that was my expectation and this what I heard about them before.

I have other items on my PDI that I expect them to argue, but I hope not.

In all cases, I am really exited and happy about how the final result of the house. I will post some pictures after moving in the house next week.

StrayCat 2009-03-06 10:32 AM

Congrats! Enjoy your beautiful new home! :)

rgauvin 2009-03-06 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M&H (Post 87971)
We all human and we all do mistakes at work or at personal level, but the important thing to admit that there was a mistake and solve it. Why do we expect the trade people to be different?

This is what happened with my builder and I am really happy that there went this route, that was my expectation and this what I heard about them before.

I have other items on my PDI that I expect them to argue, but I hope not.

In all cases, I am really exited and happy about how the final result of the house. I will post some pictures after moving in the house next week.

We shouldn't, but there in lies the dilemma. We've all read horror stories of builders refusing to admit they made a mistake and refusing to fix it. In this case your builder handled it appropriately and I applaud them for it.