- Building your community! - Building your community! (
-   Home Owner Tips, Upgrades and Maintenance (
-   -   C17 plug instead of a C13 plug (

homie27 2021-03-05 04:54 PM

C17 plug instead of a C13 plug
Hi all, I have a subwoofer that I want to buy another longer power cable for. Its a two prong cable, I think its called a C17? I can't seem to find one that is 15' long and not too expensive. I am able to find plenty of 3 prong cables that are 15' feet long. I think these are called C13? anyways, can I get a 3 prong cable and plug it into a 2 prong device? the ground pin in the wall will not be connecting to any ground in the sub obviously. Is this ok to do? Here is a link to the sub I have. Look at the picture of the back to see the power port. and I provided a link to the power cable i'm looking at.

BrianT 2021-03-05 06:24 PM

Yep, my subwoofer uses a C17 connection also and I have a C13 power cable plugged into it. Its been 11 years now.

homie27 2021-03-05 06:27 PM

cool. thanks

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.