BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community!

BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/index.php)
-   Ottawa (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Tarion warranty and the house problem (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/showthread.php?t=17601)

Natasha 2011-08-09 11:51 AM

Tarion warranty and the house problem

I have a question.
We are passed our 30-day period and the problems will be addressed at the end of August.
Now we have another very big problem with the house which even after fixing might cause some long-term problems (might not). Should I inform Tarion about it now or just include one in our one year list?

good2know 2011-08-09 11:56 AM

What is the problem? No reason not to let the builder know asap and copy Tarion.

Natasha 2011-08-09 01:02 PM

The builder already knows and I insisted to someone would come over today at least to make sure there is no fire hazard because of the electric wiring there.

The problem is the pipe from the dryer exhaust is broken or not very well sealed inside the wall. The steam is coming out between drywall and water condensates inside. Yesterday I saw the water was coming out with the steam in our foyer floor on a hardwood. It might be someone did not do very good job lining up the end of the pipe with the opening on outside wall and steam had to find another way to escape.
I even can see the bump on the foyer wall from drywall is being wet from inside. I do not know how much water is trapped inside . There is a lot of wires as well :mad:

Cosmogrrl 2011-08-09 01:34 PM

Holy! That is not ok...
Call the service manage "C" directly - I can't see her taking this issue lightly. She works out of FC, hopefully she can come out and see it herself quickly.

BrianT 2011-08-09 01:38 PM

I'm kind of going through this right now but my problem is not as bad as the OP.

Submitted my one year list but then found another problem (window well not attached to the house). The builder acknowledged that it is an issue and has agreed to fix it. My one year conciliation inspection can be filed this week but according to the email I got from Tarion, I can't escalate this issue with them because it wasn't originally on my list. :( So I've been playing email tag. :rolleyes:

I hope you get your issues resolved Natasha.

Natasha 2011-08-09 02:02 PM

When I called they did not believe first that water could be from the dryer, they thought it might be the washer. But I told them I am 100% sure it was the dryer because I could see the steam condensing on foyer floor that the opposite side of the laundry room.

good2know 2011-08-09 03:25 PM

have you checked the outside end of dryer pipe/vent to see if its blocked?

Natasha 2011-08-09 04:43 PM

The guy came over, he cut wall opened. Sure enough there was a broken pipe behind the wall, plus the other end had the problem as well. The combination of two small problems had created one big one. Long story short Harding people will be coming over next week to fix the whole thing.
Not for the first time I am very glad that we have a bungalow and unfinished basement.