BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community!

BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/index.php)
-   Ottawa (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Monarch is coming to Longfields (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/showthread.php?t=20976)

canabiz 2013-02-23 11:10 PM

Monarch is coming to Longfields
 
Just got an email from Monarch saying they will build semis and towns in Longfields, starting this spring.

This would be corner of Longfields and Woodroffe but I thought Larco, Richcraft and Cardel are already building there?

canabiz 2013-04-21 12:00 AM

Towns start from $335K all the way to $394K! (more than 2,000 sq.ft)

Semis start at $384K. Closing date would be May/June 2014 or thereabout. This area will see a lot of construction in the next little bit.

sandwich 2013-04-21 12:32 AM

Where are the garages? Are they not attached?

Edit: The innovative garage design places the carport off the rear laneway, reducing the visual prominence of the garage on the front of the home. Working in partnership with the City, the urban-infused design creates an attractive streetscape and results in beautiful front exteriors with more windows and natural light.

Looks as thought, the majority of the backyard is the garage.

canabiz 2013-04-21 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandwich (Post 255567)
Where are the garages? Are they not attached?

Good question. I think they are detached, or at least that's what I saw on the plan.

On another note, the street names are already out: Sweetflag Street, Velvetleaf Lane, Springbeauty Avenue, Moonseed Lane and Coralroot Avenue :)

BlkStnBerk2 2013-04-21 06:59 AM

This is common in other cities...In Edmonton, many homes have a rear lane and detached garage behind the home. The downfall of course is not much of a yard.

sandwich 2013-04-21 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlkStnBerk2 (Post 255570)
This is common in other cities...In Edmonton, many homes have a rear lane and detached garage behind the home. The downfall of course is not much of a yard.

Also have to build/maintain 2 buildings, no wonder they are so expensive. Makes the houses quite nice though, and you wouldn't really have a rear neighbour. There are obviously some downsides, but overall I quite like it.

Still so many questions...

mc_ottawa 2013-04-22 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canabiz (Post 255568)
Good question. I think they are detached, or at least that's what I saw on the plan.

On another note, the street names are already out: Sweetflag Street, Velvetleaf Lane, Springbeauty Avenue, Moonseed Lane and Coralroot Avenue :)

Any idea what the lot depth/size for these towns/semis would be?

xdarrylx 2013-04-22 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canabiz (Post 255566)
Towns start from $335K all the way to $394K! (more than 2,000 sq.ft)

Semis start at $384K.

Wow, really? That is ridiculous! :rolleyes:

LeoMessi 2013-04-22 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xdarrylx (Post 255641)
Wow, really? That is ridiculous! :rolleyes:

not too ridiculous! my friend sold his 7-year old tartan semi in barrhaven for $340K (single garage, 1800sqft).

these are monarch-built, double-garage semis (or towns) on longfields. the price sounds about right....

canabiz 2013-04-22 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mc_ottawa (Post 255638)
Any idea what the lot depth/size for these towns/semis would be?

mc, there's nothing in the booklet that I picked up for the lot depth and size but all models are over 2,000 square feet. I would guesstimate the lot size to be at least 25 feet by 100 feet so it's comparable to your typical town but you can confirm with the sales office.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.