BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community!

BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/index.php)
-   Simcoe (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Stonemanor woods (springwater / Barrie) (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/showthread.php?t=23660)

Atheesan24 2017-02-27 11:15 PM

Oh nicee. Those are smart and great choices.

And oh yes. Our broker did get $1000. We won't be getting anything from that. Sorry about that.

Is there anything you might've done differently or something you wish you knew earlier? We had our second appointment but we couldn't get everything done so we're having a third one this week.

Im sorry about the late reply. Been really busy.

Stonemanor 2017-02-28 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atheesan24 (Post 321857)
Oh nicee. Those are smart and great choices.

And oh yes. Our broker did get $1000. We won't be getting anything from that. Sorry about that.

Is there anything you might've done differently or something you wish you knew earlier? We had our second appointment but we couldn't get everything done so we're having a third one this week.

Im sorry about the late reply. Been really busy.

Thanks and no worries!

Yes, So much more I wanted to do but we were really trying to keep the budget in control. Lol the only real thing I wanted but wasn't allowed was the walkout basement. I do wish we increased the height of the doors on 2 but hubby kept saying we only sleep there sigh lol love open to basement too but with two babies we thought having a door would be better for us. Wanted 24x24 tiles but settled for 18x18. Wanted 7" hardwood but settled for 5" etc etc I have champagne taste but a beer budget haha

They are great at the decor center and as long as it doesn't affect the schedule for the house they will accommodate. I had a third appt as well as I wanted to change a few original decisions and add a few more upgrades. All in all, I'm happy with what we went with and the other stuff we will do after (i.e. backsplash, countertops, fixtures, crown moulding/wainscoting, waffle/coffered ceilings, pot lights internal and external)...we also upgraded to lever handles and to rain shower and handheld in ensuite.

Hubby does contracting too and he kept saying we could do everything after but I didn't want to have to live through full renovations so we compromised on most things.

I can't believe the house has gone up 200k since September. They are working on the framing for our main floor now. I hear the deposit has gone up to 90k now. We had 60k deposit and apparently it was only 40k before. Crazy!

What appliances have you guys decided on? We went with a thermador package....again, wanted subzero/wolf but....yup, budget hahah

Atheesan24 2017-02-28 04:21 PM

Yeah a walk out basement would've been worth the extra money. They didn't give you guys an option to add a second set of stairs to the basement eh? The second floors doors were not cheap. and it’s extra per door to change it from wood grain to smooth doors. It was standard in my current home. Yeah smart move, adding a baby banister gate would’ve been extra + pickets + railing + staining. Oh great, you guys are in contracting. We are too! You will save a lot of money doing everything you mentioned after. We have a lot planned for the basement and landscaping so we need to have some money for that and wanted to avoid the mess of renovation inside the house. We deleted all the carpet in the house and raised the baseboard to accommodate the new hardwood we’ll have to install after closing.

Yeah lucky you, congratulations. We live in Pickering and we started in the summer to look for a home but couldn’t find anything nearby that we liked. It wasn’t till around November that we were open to the idea of relocating to another city. Could’ve saved 100k if we had decided earlier. Still grateful to have found what we have. Oh wow, our deposit was 75k. It was 100k for the 85’ lot when we signed.

Appliances….I need to decide on them soon. What did you guys do with yours? Did you guys buy them right now or get the dimensions for the built in to buy later? I’m a little nervous about waiting till closing to buy the appliances because we have to give the dimensions right now. So yeah what did you guys do?

Stonemanor 2017-02-28 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atheesan24 (Post 321889)
They didn't give you guys an option to add a second set of stairs to the basement eh?

Appliances….I need to decide on them soon. What did you guys do with yours? Did you guys buy them right now or get the dimensions for the built in to buy later? I’m a little nervous about waiting till closing to buy the appliances because we have to give the dimensions right now. So yeah what did you guys do?

They did offer a walk up basement but we decided to pass. If you mean another staircase indoors, not really sure it's necessary for our home size/model. But it definitely makes sense with the Albany model especially with the second door entrance.

Re appliances, we picked it out back in November and paid a deposit but told them we didn't need delivery until August. They gave us builder spec sheets and I gave the decor center copies. Pretty straight forward. We bought from Corbeil in Vaughan and if you are looking for high end they have most brands but not sub zero/wolf. if you go, let me know and I can give my contact a heads up and he should be able to hook you up.

Atheesan24 2017-02-28 09:05 PM

Oh, just took a look at Churchill's floor plan. Yeah makes sense. Having a walk up basement in Barrie would've required a lot of snow shovelling too.

Yeah, I haven't decided on a place yet. I'll check them out. I'll be going on Friday. So please do. Do you have a name I should ask for?

Stonemanor 2017-03-01 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atheesan24 (Post 321902)
Oh, just took a look at Churchill's floor plan. Yeah makes sense. Having a walk up basement in Barrie would've required a lot of snow shovelling too.

Yeah, I haven't decided on a place yet. I'll check them out. I'll be going on Friday. So please do. Do you have a name I should ask for?

Absolutely re snow! We have a snowblower but I'm thinking we are going to need something even bigger lol

Pm me your email and I will send you his name and what he should be able to do for you. Don't want to put it on a public forum and potentially get him into any trouble lol

Tabz08 2017-03-06 02:32 PM

Hello everyone.
I had started a thread here before on stonemanor but the site lost some content a couple months a ago so good to see this back up for discussion.
I got in last October as did two of my family members.
I can't believe the prices these days and ether will continue to got up.
I got the Churchill B. Lot 562. Closing march 2018.
Just did my first structural upgrade today and boy it wasn't cheap.
It's a great community. A little far but the space and size of the home are worth it.

Stonemanor 2017-03-06 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabz08 (Post 322260)
Hello everyone.
I had started a thread here before on stonemanor but the site lost some content a couple months a ago so good to see this back up for discussion.
I got in last October as did two of my family members.
I can't believe the prices these days and ether will continue to got up.
I got the Churchill B. Lot 562. Closing march 2018.
Just did my first structural upgrade today and boy it wasn't cheap.
It's a great community. A little far but the space and size of the home are worth it.

Hey tabz08!
I had sent you my upgrades pricing package previously! Had to re register my account with the website crash. What structural did you end up doing?

Tabz08 2017-03-09 08:22 PM

i did the higher ceilings on all floors,
taller doors on the second floor
i relocated the laundry to the second floor where the media room was
some electrical upgrades
smooth ceilings,
frameless shower
it all cost me an arm and a leg. lol

alexzakher 2017-03-12 07:08 PM

Just booked our structural appointment for Mar 23rd. Any idea what kind of upgrades will be discussed and sample pricing?