BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community!

BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/index.php)
-   Basement Finishing and Renovations (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Finishing Our Basement (AKA the Man Cave) (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/showthread.php?t=11552)

burlington1971 2009-11-04 11:26 AM

Finishing Our Basement (AKA the Man Cave)
 
1 Attachment(s)
Well the time has come to finish our basement. I was at the city this morning to get the Zoning Certificate, next is the Building Permit. We should be good to go in about 15 days.

I thought I would share our plans. I will update this thread with pics and info as the construction moves along.

Thanks to Home Depot for the recent deferment program to January 2011!

:)

Jeffask 2009-11-04 11:36 AM

What is the different program?

burlington1971 2009-11-04 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffask (Post 114963)
What is the different program?

deferment, spell check mixed it up.

Jeffask 2009-11-04 11:56 AM

Who did the layout for you? What model house are you in?

burlington1971 2009-11-04 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffask (Post 114971)
Who did the layout for you? What model house are you in?

I did the layout, I honestly can't remember our model name.

Jeffask 2009-11-04 02:08 PM

what is the raised floor for? Stadium seating?

What did you decide to do for your subfloor? And what about the low hanging duct work? Any solutions?

burlington1971 2009-11-04 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffask (Post 114986)
what is the raised floor for? Stadium seating?

What did you decide to do for your subfloor? And what about the low hanging duct work? Any solutions?

The raised floor is for stadium seating. Sub-floor is going to be DriCore. Duct work will be framed in wood and drywalled.

The duct work in our basement is not bad, the family room and theatre area are almost clear, the office area has the most duct work. Luckily the main ducts don't hang any lower than the main steel support beam.

I'm going to seal all of the ducts with aluminum tape as well. In our last house we framed the ducts using 1 x 3's and it was a pain, I will be using 2 x 4's this time, but turning them flat to maximize the height.

Trevor 2009-11-04 02:42 PM

The building permit I understand....but what is the Zoning Certificate for???

burlington1971 2009-11-04 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor (Post 114992)
The building permit I understand....but what is the Zoning Certificate for???

You have to get that before you can apply for a permit. They want to make sure people are not building apartments to rent. They pulled up aerial photography of our house as well, big brother is watching!

R.F.D. 2009-11-04 03:27 PM

Can you provide more info on the deferment program cannot find anything online, I've been keeping a close eye on all Big Box stores when they offer the 1 year deferment and hoping it would be prior to Feb 1, 2010.

Tks

Quote:

Originally Posted by burlington1971 (Post 114961)
Well the time has come to finish our basement. I was at the city this morning to get the Zoning Certificate, next is the Building Permit. We should be good to go in about 15 days.

I thought I would share our plans. I will update this thread with pics and info as the construction moves along.

Thanks to Home Depot for the recent deferment program to January 2011!

:)



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.