BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community!

BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/index.php)
-   Ottawa (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Half Moon Bay South - Phase 4 (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/showthread.php?t=23379)

suezuki650 2015-10-28 11:32 AM

Half Moon Bay South - Phase 4

I'm creating this thread to connect with others in this phase. I took the title from my sales contract, so I'm going to assume it's correct.

I'll be checking the other threads for more general questions.

Dale 2015-11-09 10:58 AM

My fiance and I have bought an Oak End townhouse in this phase. We will be on Buffalograss Cres. We take possession around the end of Sept.

xdarrylx 2015-11-09 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale (Post 311306)
My fiance and I have bought an Oak End townhouse in this phase. We will be on Buffalograss Cres. We take possession around the end of Sept.

Buffalograss? LOL, some of these street names are hilarious! :D

suezuki650 2015-11-09 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale (Post 311306)

I'm on Buffalograss as well. My date is September 8th. I'm 168-01

Sue

suezuki650 2015-11-22 09:40 AM

Just got my design book yesterday and had my first visit. Stayed up half the night going through the book. Going back today with my questions.

Some things seem to be priced well others like soft close doors are insane.

Sue

Dale 2015-11-23 03:43 PM

We got our design book this weekend as well! I thought it would be more model specific.. It keeps referring to sketches but does not provide them. I guess I will have to go into the design center to see them.

We could probably spend 50K in design upgrades though so we'll have to keep an eye out on the costs! haha. We plan to do some shopping around. Like you said they want $100 for a soft close drawer but you can buy the rails from lee valley for about $20 and do it yourself afterwards.

suezuki650 2015-11-23 03:57 PM

There is a section at the back that is model specific, and the kitchen section will be model specific.

I was disappointed to find out that the taller cabinets which are listed in my guide aren't possible with my specific unit as they'd have to move header stuff. Ah well, more money to spend elsewhere.

I was told that I would likely get my design appointment at the end of December or early January. It sounds like a long way off, but they want you to have selected all of your options/colours by then and have the specs for your appliances if you aren't buying theirs.

A lot of decisions.

bruinsfan 2015-11-25 11:21 AM

Anyone know who is doing the Kitchens for this phase?

bruinsfan 2015-11-25 12:21 PM

Also, I forgot to ask as I am not sure if the Design booklet has it, but if possible does anyone know how much it costs though Mattamy to get a gas line installed for the Stove?

Thanks,
Rich

suezuki650 2015-11-25 03:13 PM

Cartier is doing the kitchens. The gas line for my townhouse is $511. I don't know if it's the same for everyone. Also, there is another charge to upgrade the gas line if you will have 5 or more items using gas.

In my case I'll have the furnace, hot water tank, fireplace and BBQ for sure. I'm thinking of having a gas fireplace in the basement later on and I'm toying with doing a gas stove.