BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community!

BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/index.php)
-   Ottawa (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Minto Quinn's Point discussion (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/showthread.php?t=23650)

OttawaG 2016-12-30 06:37 PM

Minto Quinn's Point discussion

Hello Everyone
I'm starting this thread to start discussion & share updates, opinions, feedbacks, suggestions etc on Quinn's Point (Barrhaven) homes. Some of my old posts are no longer available here so I'm starting a new one. Our closing in March 2017....almost there :)
I'm reading up on PDI now, trying to soak up all the information :confused:
Happy New Year Everyone :)

Ottawa2525 2017-01-05 01:26 PM

Minto Quinn's Point - Haven

Hi!

We purchased a Haven model in Quinn's Point. Our closing date is July 2018. I haven't come across a lot of people who have purchased this model. We're currently waiting on scheduling our design center appointments!

xdarrylx 2017-01-05 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ottawa2525 (Post 319751)
Hi!

We purchased a Haven model in Quinn's Point. Our closing date is July 2018. I haven't come across a lot of people who have purchased this model. We're currently waiting on scheduling our design center appointments!

18mths out? All that waiting would kill me! :D

john_petrucci 2017-01-05 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttawaG (Post 319621)
Hello Everyone
I'm starting this thread to start discussion & share updates, opinions, feedbacks, suggestions etc on Quinn's Point (Barrhaven) homes. Some of my old posts are no longer available here so I'm starting a new one. Our closing in March 2017....almost there :)
I'm reading up on PDI now, trying to soak up all the information :confused:
Happy New Year Everyone :)

We bought in Quinn's Pointe too. Closing late this year. Which model did you get? Town/Single? What kind of upgrades did you choose?

Ottawa2525 2017-01-05 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xdarrylx (Post 319755)
18mths out? All that waiting would kill me! :D

Oh it is!! We're also getting married around that time so the waiting is horrible haha.

xdarrylx 2017-01-06 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ottawa2525 (Post 319766)
Oh it is!! We're also getting married around that time so the waiting is horrible haha.

Wow, double congrats! :D

OttawaG 2017-01-13 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john_petrucci (Post 319762)
We bought in Quinn's Pointe too. Closing late this year. Which model did you get? Town/Single? What kind of upgrades did you choose?

Hi John, we bought Kinghurst elevation A. Closing in the first week of March so I'm trying to read up on all the PDI stuff.....:confused:

john_petrucci 2017-01-13 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OttawaG (Post 320047)
Hi John, we bought Kinghurst elevation A. Closing in the first week of March so I'm trying to read up on all the PDI stuff.....:confused:

Congrats! Its great that you're closing this early. We just had our design centre done, now have to wait a few months.

OttawaG 2017-01-23 04:16 PM

Pdi

So we received an email with our PDI date & it is exactly 7 days prior to our closing date....I thought it happens couple of weeks before :confused:

Also the email says that only people whose names are on sales agreement will be allowed. I wanted to take an extra person who is very good with "attention to details" aspect & also very knowledgeable while my husband & I are not at all observant. I'm worried that we might miss out on lots of things & the builder would later say that those were not there at the time of PDI & so will not take care of it. I had read on several threads here that people take home inspectors. How do I go about it? Any ideas? Did the rules change recently?

Help/advice please, I'll greatly appreciate it

Thank you

KellyM 2017-01-24 08:47 AM

I would not be thrilled with that. I brought my inspector, Phil Acker for our PDI and I plan on doing the same with this one.