BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community!

BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/index.php)
-   Ottawa (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   fairwinds north??? (http://www.buildinghomes.ca/community/forums/showthread.php?t=6023)

gingern 2008-04-01 07:34 PM

fairwinds north???

well so far, it seems that myself and a couple of villiage townhome people and the person that had the townhome right next to nanner's townhome are the only fairwinds north people here, just wanted to do a quick roll call for the mighty mighty towns folks to the north ;)

gingern 2008-04-01 10:19 PM

oh so that's prob uuurrr lot i took a picture of a couple of weeks ago... looked like they were moving along nicely to me (pic is a link under the brentstone page) I havent been delayed either... so far

Mrs. Stroumboulopoulos 2008-04-01 10:31 PM

I know of myself and three friends of mine that have all bought in Fairwinds North! Should be fun!

wh_itney 2008-04-02 08:12 AM

Us too

We are also in Fairwinds North and have been by frequently. The building seems to be going fairly quickly in the past few weeks. Still a long wait until December though!

mingnbing 2008-04-02 09:28 AM

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum.
We've got a Brentstone on Par-la-ville Circle, lot 17-2.
Hopefully closing in August 14th, no delays yet!

gingern 2008-04-02 11:03 AM

whooo hooo brentstone.. you get urs just 5 days before i get mine :D oh oh you have to tell me what upgrades you are getting... and where you plan to put ur tv... i have had the hardest time with this... we almos have to get a flat screen tv for over the fireplace so that we can actually have a tv in there

mingnbing 2008-04-02 11:28 AM

Yaaaa Brentstone! haha. We aren't getting too many big upgrades. We had our 1st appointment a few weeks back. We got the breakfast bar, an extra light put in the arch over the breakfast bar so we can put in our own fixture, got a soaker tub, got the bigger basement windows and the 3 piece rough in.

We didn't want the fireplace but were having a hard time deciding were to put the tv as well! We decided to put the cable jacks where the fireplace would have been, have the tv in the center of the wall there maybe. I hope we like it there. That way we can see the tv if we are at the sink in the kitchen.

As for some other design choices, we are getting hardwood in the living room and ceramic in the kitchen and all the bathrooms. So, as I said not a lot of big upgrades.

What about you? Are you getting the finished basement?

mingnbing 2008-04-02 11:30 AM

Oh I guess we will also practically be neighbours, We are 17-2. Your in 3-3? Which is just around the corner from us :D

gingern 2008-04-02 12:51 PM

lol, yeah i saw that earlier.. so far 19-1 and you are the closest neighbors i will have.
we did do the rough in, we got the fireplace and the pantry as well. I'm going with the standard fireplace and the conduit above the fireplace for a flat screen when we get around to it.
the breakfast bar was on my list of "can i haves" on my designer's list as well as the optional desk in the 3rd beadroom. since i know i can have it, i will be keeping the 2 rough-in's i have listed over the b-bar. I have quite a few upgrades already listed and i still have to add in the things that erin is looking up for me and the ac(which i will prob do through mattamy) i want to upgrade the downstairs floors after we move in. I will bump up my brentstone thread so u can see what else i had in there.

gingern 2008-04-05 05:01 PM

I drove by today to see if there was any progress, they havent done too much on our street, but i tell u there is a gigantic hole there for the village homes, i think it is aquilo crescent... it looks great and they were actually in there today digging around. the houses on par la ville circle 36 block look great as well, they are putting the fames up, and the urbans are moving right along as well. Though i would give an update.. oh and be careful if you drive though there I bottomed out my car while i was there :rolleyes: