View Single Post
Old 2013-09-25, 10:57 PM
Regular User

Cookstown is a great location. My wife and I actually live in the area and moved up from the city 3 years ago. We love the location, all the outdoor activities are right at our doorstep and all the amenities in the city are one hour drive away or closer, depending on where we go. We routinely head right downtown to visit my sister in law for an afternoon.

The site location is perfect for us. We can be in Costco Barrie in 18 minutes by the backroads. Currently, it would take us close to 30 minutes where we live right now, so it suits our lifestyle. Wasaga beach is only about 35-40 mins away and the backroads allow us to avoid traffic and a more leisure drive. The bradford go station is only 20 mins from cookstown, very convenient!

Anyways, like I said, we love the area, it is the perfect location for a friendly and safe neighbourhood but one that is in good proximity to the city.

We just finalized the paperwork for our home. David has been a tremendous help. The builder has been reasonable in regards to some of our proposed changes to the layout. They have not gouged or overpriced the changes, so we felt it was fair for what we changed.

Hope this helps!