View Single Post
Old 2015-01-30, 09:26 AM
Regular User

I used the Barricade tiles in my basement. They were installed about a year ago (or maybe more), so they were a little different than the tiles they sell now. The new Barricade tiles have more grooves for air-flow.

Anyway, our carpet went in a few weeks ago and we've been using the room ever since during some really big cold snaps (e.g. -20C). Through it all the basement has been toasty warm. In fact, we had a neighborhood gathering last weekend and people were taking off their sweaters. Now, we have spray foam down there as well, but when you go from the finished area to the furnace room where there are no tiles, the cold concrete becomes apparent pretty fast.

I chose Barricade because the foam underneath each tile has an actual R value (I think maybe 2 or 3?) while the Dricore has no R-value. I figured 2 or 3 is better than none.

Also, no matter how well your basement floor was poured, there WILL be spots that aren't level and that will make the panels a bit uneven in a few areas. I also chose the Barricade because a friend of mine used Dricore and there are a few places where you can hear his floor "click" as you walk over it. It's not a huge deal, but my floor is a lot quieter simply due to the fact it's lined with foam underneath.

I think even Dricore makes panels w foam now so if that's the case, isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery? LOL

So yah, Barricade has worked awesome for us. I'd never do another basement without it.

Last edited by TheGrudge; 2015-01-30 at 02:50 PM.