View Single Post
Old 2017-03-30, 06:48 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
My experience is many people do not even involve Tarion for warranty purposes but just forward all requests to a builders service department. Unfortunately that doesn't involve any sort of administration with Tarion, the company who looks after the warranty.
Tarion should be there to make sure that the builder does it's job. If someone is between warranty periods it makes sense to deal with the builder directly. If it doesn't get addressed, then get Tarion involved at the next warranty date.

I do think that Tarion sides with the builder more often than it should, and this based on feedback I received when I asked about a problem I was having. There weren't many public comments but I received a number of private messages where it was obvious that Tarion was giving a lot of leeway on the builder's side.

When I spoke with Tarion directly I got the same feeling. I asked them how many times something had to be fixed before the builder had to replace it and I was told there isn't a limit and the most Tarion would do would be to ask the builder to try again. Not buyer friendly IMHO.