View Single Post
Old 2017-04-16, 07:33 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA78 View Post
I totally agree, I m having an issue my builder right now and Tarion doesn't even know what to say me..
We were some subfloor issues so the builder came and we realized that my whole second floor was not sand down and scrwed down,, they have fired the site super as well, now the problem is that I have move in and have some furniture's in all of the five bedrooms..
I asked builder that I can't move the furniture's myself because they are heavy and I need to hire movers to do this. The builder doesn't want to pay for the movers to move the furniture's around so they can fix the subfloor.
The said Tarion code says that the home owner is responsible to move furniture's so I asked them that what does Tarion say about reimbursement to the home owner for the cost incurred to move the furniture's, I mean this isn't just one bedroom but all five bedrooms..
So the builder is saying that I am denying them access to fix the issue.
How can this be? How can tarion not forced the builder to pay for this expenses? why should I paying for the builders mistakes?
All so common with builders these days. Some lack the basic morality to do the right thing. No question about it. They should hire a professional crew to relocate your furniture and do the repairs as quickly as possible. Unfortunately no amount of codes or rules can guide morality.