View Single Post
Old 2017-07-20, 07:34 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by uki View Post
Have we bashed Mattamy enough? If so, let's talk about Bradley Commons instead :p When I was house searching, I did a ton of research about all the different communities in Kanata area, and let me share with you why I chose this community (to get us all excited):
- Great builders, need I say more?
- One of the last undeveloped divisions in central Kanata area
- Well-designed master-planned community (see Fernbank Community Design Plan)
- Lots of important amenities nearby (Walter Baker Park, cheap grocery, expensive grocery, restaurants, highway, etc.)
- Future transit station nearby (Robert Grant is a designated artery with major transit route planned along it)
- Near future community core (see Fernbank Village Green, this is where the actions will be)
- One of the first communities planned within BBSS framework (see Ottawa Building Better and Smarter Suburbs), which calls for a more dense, walkable suburb (even calls for a dedicated bike lane on Abbott St. E. that I'm excited about)
- Future community/district parks and elementary school nearby

Right now it's a bunch of dirt but the development plans in this and surrounding areas look really good. Most of them are long-term, multi-year plans but I do plan to live here for the foreseeable future. There are many builders here and I hope they all execute well!

P.S. Yes I do think Richcraft/Urbandale could do a better job marketing this community, but I guess they won't market it too much until they build their sales office here, which I was told is coming this fall.
Good points but it's actually Stittsville and not Kanata