View Single Post
Old 2011-05-14, 07:47 AM
Regular User

I live in Stouffville and commute downtown. Stouffville is quiet so that has to be something that attracts you. As far as commuting, it's a long commute to downtown. I do it every day and I am used to it so it doesn't bother me but it is 1h - 1h & 10min. on the train to Union. Add to that the amount of time it takes you to get to the station & the time to get to your work from Union. As well, the trains depart only every 30 min. and there are 5 trains in the morning and 5 in the afternoon. The bus is available outside of those hours and on weekends. Property values here have been rising a LOT faster than in Ajax.

Ajax has good & bad pockets and again the property values in Durham period do not go up very fast. But as far as commuting downtown, I am not sure how long it is to Union but there are definitely a lot more trains. That's assuming you were referring to commuting via public transit.

I think driving is bad in both cases. Lots of traffic in the GTA. I drove downtown for a while when I first moved in. If I left early i.e. before 7am, it wasn't bad but after 7am it got really bad when reaching the 404/DVP/401 junction. The evening commute was slow.

I know nothing about Bradford, sorry.

Last edited by PJD; 2011-05-14 at 07:49 AM.