View Single Post
Old 2011-05-14, 11:16 AM
Regular User

Bradford re-sale values also went up 17% last year and the new houses appreciated around 12-15%. They are also a "growth node" and as such have been receiving a lot of government funding. Many new roads, the 400 interchange at 88 will be rebuilt, and there is a tabled extension running from 400 to 404 just south of 88. The town has a lot of money and has almost completed the largest recreation center in Ontario - 3 hockey rinks, 5 swimming pools etc.

They also have an aggressive plan for the downtown core and have begun a 20 year plan to turn it into the next downtown Oakville. Their plan is online.

It depends on where you live/work. I chose Bradford because (snow aside) I find the 400 a far better drive than the 401 (snow storms and long weekends removed from the equation). I had been doing the 400 for part of my commute for over 2 years (from 401 to Wonderland) and it's almost always a 120km/h steady with a slight slow down around the 407.

Stouffvile is also very nice. I *personally* wouldn't go to Ajax because I see the Eastbound 401 traffic at night and it's craaaaaaazy. If you are planning on GO'ing it, then Ajax would work well.