View Single Post
Old 2011-05-14, 11:58 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJD View Post
It's too hard to predict the real estate market. People try all the time and often end up being wrong. The latest I've heard is that they expect a slower, more steady increase for the next while i.e. 2-3% per year but no one can really predict this for sure. There are so many variables involved.

I like Stouffville. May also depend on your situation though i.e. family or not? What sports you like and if what you need is close by. There are so many factors involved in deciding where you want to live. Think about your daily life as well as your extra-curricular activities, etc. Also look at property taxes, sometimes worth paying attention to i.e. some areas of Durham have really high property taxes, definitely higher than Stouffville.
Yeah, I know, I shouldn't expect much appreciation with today's market. I'm just curious whether Stouffville much more mature than Bradford and will probably not appreciate much as Bradford. Yeah taxes higher in Durham region, which is probably why the prices are little lower. Although, pricing in Ajax and Stouffville are pretty close. Bradford is slightly lower, but it is also further away from the City.

Are there infrastructure expansions as well in Stouffville? It seems like Markham rd is being expanded. Also I've heard the new home constructions are slowing down the Stouffville due because it has reached capacity in terms how many people the city can currently support.

You are absolutely right, there are also other factors to consider. Thinking about daily life, I do like the country side feel of it. I've seen some stores there, hopefully there will be more expansion. Do you ever have to go out of the city for stuff.. restaurants, shopping, recreation, etc...