View Single Post
Old 2018-12-10, 11:07 PM
Regular User

Ok so its installed. 2hr window for install. They showed up on time. Technician was good. listened to what i wanted with the install. Said he would like the modem in the living room, i wanted 3 Ethernet connections and that wouldn't have been possible in the living room.. He said no problem we do a basement install and he would test to make sure wifi signal was strong through out house. IT tested ok through out the house for wifi singal..

So far so good. They tv system is very easy to use, the voice search/command ability is really good. My kids love it. Going to netflix and youtube is so easy.. I hope they ad more services like amazon video ect....

Picture quality is really good. I only had hd with bell. This has 4k and for the first time i see 4K pictures displaying on my 55" Vizeo. My TV is indicating 4k from everything coming form the rogers box.Even when its clearly not a 4k show. Im not technically savy enough to explain what is goin on, but basically with the way things are setup.. 4k signal is heading to my tv.

The ability to find shows and record is just a level above bell. Again the voice control really helps.

The boxes are tiny. And the remotes dont require line of sight to operate them.. So for my tv above the fireplace i can tuck in between the tv and wall mount. They are about the sixe of a android box or apple tv. all they have plugged in is a usb-c power adaptor and your hdmi cable the rest is wifi or Ethernet if you so choose.

Need to fast forward? Use the voice command. "Fast forward 12 minutes" and it does it!!

On the wifi. The bells router settings where slow to navigate, but for setting ups parental control over wifi access for the kids, the Bells ability for you to select 1hr blocks through out the day is the better of the two. With rogers although navigation in the router is faster when it comes to limiting wifi access its done with setting a block time like 5-9pm but you can not select multiple times of the day to set blocks.. Not the end of the world but still its something work pointing out\

we had 50meg bell internet we signed up for 150meg with rogers. ITs been very good and i randomly run fast.com and other test sites and even on wifi im getting full 150meg speeds at times depending where or when i test ill see drops as low as 60meg.. But its wifi and so much comes into play. As i type i ran the test:
Chrombook 150Mbps
Samsung S8 180Mbps
in the basement.Tried a few speed test places its between 120-160

Anyways just a quick note to say its been a smooth transition and we love the services so far...