Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2018-07-02, 07:13 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz lightbeer View Post
We happen to be the lucky owners of the first Calypso! We drive past it every day but never thought that there might be other people interested in its progress.
We decided to keep the laundry room upstairs but deleted the tub in the master bath while tiling the shower in he larger 5x3 option. In the kitchen, we took the bank of pantry cabinets and turned it into upper and lowers with the quartz counter and subway tile backsplash.

If either of you guys have any questions we'd be more than happy to try and answer them.
Hey there! How are you enjoying your Calypso?? It looks like pretty well everyone has moved into those two blocks. You guys even have grass already! The new one's on Markdale are going up quick too. We might have walked through that Calypso end yesterday... The windows are unbelievable. You don't know how big they really are until your up in those bedrooms looking out. I was also impressed with how big the basement window and master bedroom window was. Bigger than I thought they would be.

Hey have you ever thought of putting a deck in the space right out the patio doors between your attached neighbour and your living room?
Old 2018-07-03, 03:39 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jord View Post
Hey there! How are you enjoying your Calypso?? It looks like pretty well everyone has moved into those two blocks. You guys even have grass already! The new one's on Markdale are going up quick too. We might have walked through that Calypso end yesterday... The windows are unbelievable. You don't know how big they really are until your up in those bedrooms looking out. I was also impressed with how big the basement window and master bedroom window was. Bigger than I thought they would be.

Hey have you ever thought of putting a deck in the space right out the patio doors between your attached neighbour and your living room?
We're incredibly happy with how things turned out. The amount of light coming through the living room windows is amazing. We're also really happy that we changed the pantry wall in the kitchen into a counter with upper and lower cabinets as it really makes the kitchen feel bigger.

I've thought about a little narrow deck in that space, maybe just something big enough to put a bbq on... It would be tough to bring it around the back due the the positioning of the air conditioner so we might end up doing a patio in that area instead.
Old 2018-07-11, 08:14 PM
Regular User

Quote:
We're incredibly happy with how things turned out. The amount of light coming through the living room windows is amazing. We're also really happy that we changed the pantry wall in the kitchen into a counter with upper and lower cabinets as it really makes the kitchen feel bigger.

I've thought about a little narrow deck in that space, maybe just something big enough to put a bbq on... It would be tough to bring it around the back due the the positioning of the air conditioner so we might end up doing a patio in that area instead.

Had the kitchen appointment recently, and I was impressed by the experience and the price list that was provided. it makes it much easier to get an overall sense.

We are thinking about having upper and lower cabinets in lieu of the wall of cabinets. I was surprised to see it didn't cost much, however I was told the additional cost would be to add the quartz countertop, backsplash, valence lighting and electrical outlet.

Did you find the additional cost reasonable?
Old 2018-07-12, 10:20 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgyh1 View Post
Had the kitchen appointment recently, and I was impressed by the experience and the price list that was provided. it makes it much easier to get an overall sense.

We are thinking about having upper and lower cabinets in lieu of the wall of cabinets. I was surprised to see it didn't cost much, however I was told the additional cost would be to add the quartz countertop, backsplash, valence lighting and electrical outlet.

Did you find the additional cost reasonable?
I found it pretty reasonable. The biggest expense is for the quartz but in the end I think the overall improvement to the kitchen is well worth it.

I'd say that after being here for a few weeks now, my other main takeaway has been that removing the tub from the master bathroom to get the few extra feet in the bedroom was something that I'm glad we did. It may have been a bit tight otherwise.
Old 2018-07-12, 12:49 PM
Regular User

Quote:
I found it pretty reasonable. The biggest expense is for the quartz but in the end I think the overall improvement to the kitchen is well worth it.

I'd say that after being here for a few weeks now, my other main takeaway has been that removing the tub from the master bathroom to get the few extra feet in the bedroom was something that I'm glad we did. It may have been a bit tight otherwise.
Thank you for the information. I am sticking with the standard Quartz (either Frost White or Snow White) so hopefully the cost of the additional should not be too much.

I have also chosen to remove the tub from the master bathroom as I had no need for it, and thought the additional space in the master bedroom would be well worth it.
Old 2018-08-10, 09:25 AM
Regular User

Have you guys checked out the new tour of one of the recently finished Endeavour models in Riverside South?? I love the tile in the front entrance and ensuite bathroom. Everything looks really nice!!

https://unbranded.youriguide.com/vG7VBZ1P0AXPD1
Old 2018-08-10, 03:02 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Have you guys checked out the new tour of one of the recently finished Endeavour models in Riverside South?? I love the tile in the front entrance and ensuite bathroom. Everything looks really nice!!

https://unbranded.youriguide.com/vG7VBZ1P0AXPD1
They could have built an enclosed toilet room in the master if they deleted that small linen closet. I do like the virtual tour however
Old 2018-08-10, 03:07 PM
Regular User

I love the new virtual tour. it is interesting that the removed the old ones since the model homes in Riverside South are no longer available to view. the virtual tours for those models were helpful.

I have chosen similar colors for my home in the living area. There is also a new video for the Discovery model home on their youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EZlC7Fb1ss
Old 2018-08-21, 02:19 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgyh1 View Post
I love the new virtual tour. it is interesting that the removed the old ones since the model homes in Riverside South are no longer available to view. the virtual tours for those models were helpful.

I have chosen similar colors for my home in the living area. There is also a new video for the Discovery model home on their youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EZlC7Fb1ss
Have you heard anything about the Pacific Series townhome models they're building in Bradley Commons?? They should be done anytime now I would think. It will be neat to walk through them when they're done.

Did they provide any photos or drawings of the extended counter top option in the kitchen where the pantry is supposed to be? We are considering doing that now. It seems like a good idea! Just curious to see what it actually looks like!

You must be closing in the fall. We haven't done anything beyond the structural stuff.

It looks like they are building another sales centre a little further North down Bank on the other side of Cowan's Grove. I'm thinking it's Claridge. It will be interesting to see what they will have to offer.
Old 2018-08-22, 08:32 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Did they provide any photos or drawings of the extended counter top option in the kitchen where the pantry is supposed to be? We are considering doing that now. It seems like a good idea! Just curious to see what it actually looks like!
If you're interested in seeing the end result, send me a PM and I can send something your way. I think it really completes the kitchen space.