Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Appliances and Furniture

Appliances and Furniture What fits? Where to get it? How will it look?

Old 2010-06-08, 08:03 AM
Regular User

I recently had appliances somewhat delivered...

They were to deliver all 5 appliances on Wednesday of last week. When they showed up they didn't have my stove on the truck, and they said they needed 3 delivery guys to carry the fridge up my stairs, so seeing how they only had two they opted to put my fridge in my garage over night till they could get guys to come the next day. They did come with my stove the next day, and they got my fridge up. But now my new Samsung fridge is scratched and they are replacing it this Saturday.

Also I had new bedroom furniture delivered on the Thursday and when I went to put the bed together noticed they delivered me a Student/Twin side bed rails, rather than the Queen that I had ordered. So those two will be picked up and re delivered this saturday.

The Whitby home store dealt with me very well and prompt, and they compensated me with a 100 gift card for me trouble....People just be nice, and ask for something in return for your headaches...I enjoyed my gift card
Old 2010-06-08, 08:16 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elllas1 View Post
due to all the concerns and confusion I decided to call Sears delivery again....here's what I got.... they have the items shipped from the manufacturer... they are to arrive at least 2 days before delivery ....so? Call 2 days before your due date and verify... I will do this and keep you posted...
Thanks elllas for the advice! Sears is supposed to deliver my applicances on July 2nd and I'll keep you posted too.
Old 2010-06-08, 08:27 AM
Regular User

great advice newhomeowner20092009. "... just be nice, and ask for something in return for your headaches...I enjoyed my gift card..."
Old 2010-06-09, 07:50 AM
Regular User

Well they were really nice when I explained my issues...A pin in the you know what though...But yeah ask to be compensated, they were the ones who actually brought it up to me
Old 2011-09-20, 11:16 AM

I also had some recent problems with Sears appliance delivery......

The day after my closing, they were supposed to deliver my 5 appliances (W&D, range, fridge, dishwasher) in the afternoon between 1-6pm. I waited all day and no one showed up. I call customer service at 5pm and they told me delivery said no one was home at 2pm, and that they even took a picture of my front door to prove it. It was described correctly, but then again all the houses there look the same. During the day, no one had rung the door bell, and we didn't hear any knock on the door. No one had phoned!

Customer service then rescheduled for 4 days later. The appliances arrive, but dishwasher is not there. The men inform me that the fridge is too large for them to carry up the stairs to the second floor kitchen, and that I must request a 4 man team to come back four days later. Needless to say I had to also reschedule installation of the fridge water line and dishwasher installation. Two days later the dishwasher arrives.

4-man team doesn't show up, and is rescheduled for a week later. A week later, 3 guys show up, and tell me the fridge is actually too large (25cu) to fit through the back door and they refuse to bring it through the front. They also said there would be problems moving up the stairs. So they recommended getting a smaller size 22cu. I told them to take the fridge back.

I ended up getting a 19.5cu counter depth from The Bay. That was to be delivered on Saturday. Saturday comes along and the fridge is delivered but the 4-man team to move it up the stairs shows up at my billing address (credit card address not yet changed)!!! I call customer service and they inform me that it will happen today. But I call customer service to confirm and they tell me that it isn't going to happen!!! They reschedule for Thursday! As of Thursday, it will be a month that I haven't had a fridge to use!

Is it that hard to get a fridge delivered and up the stairs? Can no company do this on the date promised!? If they don't show up on Thursday, I'm not sure what I should do at this point. Should I then schedule a return and buy from someone else??
Old 2011-09-30, 07:39 AM
Regular User

I just had a washer and dryer delivered by Sears. Had no problems at all.
they called about 30 minutes ahead to let my wife know they were coming. when they came to the door they asked her if she wanted them to remove their shoes. They carried out the old ones and brought the new ones in ( upstairs laundry) they didn't complain or have any issues. they hooked up the new ones and didn't leave a scratch or marked on either the walls or the washer and dryer.
I am very Happy with their delivery.
Old 2011-09-30, 10:40 AM
Regular User

I agree terrible delivery service