Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Appliances and Furniture

Appliances and Furniture What fits? Where to get it? How will it look?

Old 2009-11-23, 05:18 PM
Regular User

i originally thought of purchasing over the boxing day weekend..but was told that there isn't too much of a deal.

We finally made our purchases at Sears, as they price guarantee the products 30 days after delivery . Therefore we took advantage of the Whirlpool mail in rebate and if the price does decrease over boxing day...we'll just go price match it.

You should keep an eye out on manufacturers rebate, as they might be even better than any sales price that retailers offer
Old 2009-11-23, 05:55 PM
Regular User

I have been to Appliance Canada and they don't have prices are they products and when I asked for a written estimate, they said they provide them. I then showed the sales rep what I was interested in and she gave me the the figures. I don't really like that way of doing business.

I also went to the Brick and was able to browse and look at prices with no pressure.

The prices were basically the same at both places.
Old 2009-11-23, 06:03 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway View Post
I have been to Appliance Canada and they don't have prices are they products and when I asked for a written estimate, they said they provide them. I then showed the sales rep what I was interested in and she gave me the the figures. I don't really like that way of doing business.

I also went to the Brick and was able to browse and look at prices with no pressure.

The prices were basically the same at both places.
we got really good prices at appliance canada, then matched at sears. prices were a lot better then what sears originally quoted but the salesman was very good. the brick was also pretty good price wise, still slightly higher then appliance canada. we choose sears because it was easier to finance there (we already have an account).

Old 2009-11-23, 09:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNgMaN View Post
we got really good prices at appliance canada, then matched at sears. prices were a lot better then what sears originally quoted but the salesman was very good. the brick was also pretty good price wise, still slightly higher then appliance canada. we choose sears because it was easier to finance there (we already have an account).
Did Appliance Canada give you something in writing of how much the appliances were. When I asked, they said they don't do that. How did you go to Sears and get them to match, if you didn't have anything or did you get something and if so what did you get?
Old 2009-11-24, 05:08 PM
Regular User

sears will often now PM based on a business card and your own notes of model #s and prices.
Old 2009-11-24, 05:10 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway View Post
Did Appliance Canada give you something in writing of how much the appliances were. When I asked, they said they don't do that. How did you go to Sears and get them to match, if you didn't have anything or did you get something and if so what did you get?
they gave us a piece of paper with the models/prices. hand written. sears matched the price with a business card and that piece of paper.

Old 2009-11-25, 09:32 AM
Regular User

Default best time?

I was told by my friends at Future shop that the best time to get your appliances is on boxing day, open boxed items are the store models and is cheaper, but who know, but boxing day is good if you want em cheap.
Old 2009-11-26, 09:06 AM
Regular User

Today's The Brick flyer has a blue/gren LG set for $998. Looks good and the washer is 4 cu/ft, so a great deal, imo. I think its a one day sale though.
Old 2009-11-26, 05:05 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNgMaN View Post
+1 I did the same thing at Sears, in the end they beat Appliance Canada's pricing and are a MUCH better company to deal with. Don't make the mistake of purchasing the wrong item at Appliance Canada like I did once. I called the salesperson back after I picked the item up (3 hours later, still in my trunk) and was told even though the item hasn't even been opened out of it's original packaging, I'll be dinged with a 20% restocking fee if I want to return it....last time I buy anything from there.
Old 2009-12-04, 11:19 AM
Regular User

The newer Kenmore models with AST are actually manufactured by Samsung with the same VRT technology (just relabelled AST).

I purchased these, and they are a few hundred dollars cheaper than the Samsung models with the exact same characteristics, parts and features (plus the addition of the diamond drum). We are extremely pleased with these models, so if you like the Samsung washer and dryer, this is an alternative that gives you the same quality at a fraction of the price.