Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Appliances and Furniture

Appliances and Furniture What fits? Where to get it? How will it look?

Old 2010-01-04, 04:39 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNgMaN View Post
I'm on my work computer and can't fix the colours but here's what it looks like in our opening. our pantry is a little more then 24" deep from the front of the door to the wall.
Is the fridge not pushed in all the way? Or is the fridge supposed to be like that, just wondering as I can see the sides of the fridges. Mind you only a few inches, throught it was supposed to be flush with the pantry.
Old 2010-01-04, 05:55 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
Is the fridge not pushed in all the way? Or is the fridge supposed to be like that, just wondering as I can see the sides of the fridges. Mind you only a few inches, throught it was supposed to be flush with the pantry.
it's in as far as it goes, our depth at that point is a little over 24" I believe the cabinet depth on the fridge is 26 or so then a couple more for the doors.

Old 2010-01-07, 08:34 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&mluvpugs View Post
JennAir makes a couple for sure, the only thing is that the water dispenser is on the inside of the fridge, keeping the outside looking sleek... same with the icemaker in the freezer.
check out http://www.maytagstoreottawa.ca/
Love love love! the new JennAir appliances. We just switched our GE monogram to the euro style JennAir last week.
Old 2010-01-16, 07:55 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
Has anyone heard of such a beast? Its awfully difficult to find all three in one refrigerator. If you have one, could you please share your thoughts and model number?

Thanks!
Have you seen this one? I was there to see the Stainless Steel version and loved it. I thought the floating glass was really neat, though I can't say what it would be like for finger prints since I did not examine it closely. The water filter/dispenser is on the inside of the fridge but it's neat because you don't loose space in your fridge like with other models.

http://www.jenn-air.ca/en/ProductFea...FC2290VPY.html

I think you can only see it at the Maytag Stores at the moment because Sears told me they won't have Jenn-Air's 2010 models until Feb. or March. That's where I went. The 2009 model (different handles) are on sale.

Last edited by PJD; 2010-01-16 at 07:58 AM.
Old 2010-01-22, 09:09 AM
Regular User

Universal and Corbeil both have the new Jenn-Air.
Old 2010-01-22, 09:18 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6 View Post
I went with the Kitchen Aid KFCS22EVMS, Ice and Water dispenser on the inside...cleaner look on the outside. Counter depth, french door.

http://www.kitchenaid.ca/flash.cmd?/...ct/KFCS22EVMS/
we have this one too and love it! great fridge.

Old 2010-01-22, 09:24 AM
Regular User

What's the cost of this fridge? I haven't purchase my fridge yet and I love the french doors, but I'm afraid that with 2 teenagers, the folding mechanism in the door will eventually break with wear, so I plan on going with the one door on the bottom freezer fridge.
Old 2010-01-22, 09:38 AM
Regular User

I think we paid 2800 at appliance canada... that was quite a while ago, so the memory isn't the freshest.

I wouldn't worry about the folding part... not really sure how it would break. Its spring loaded and doesn't ever come into play.

Old 2010-02-12, 10:59 AM
Regular User

When we were shopping for our fridge we noticed that some of the french door models you had to close one door first cause of the flappie thing. We decided on ours cause you can close either door first, and although it is counter depth and has the water dispenser and ice maker, it still has a large fridge capacity(claims to have the largest capacity in the market comparable to similar fridges). and of course cause it was super pretty. Especially on the inside with clear floating shevles and blue lights.

http://www.electroluxappliances.com/...oor/ei23bc56is
Old 2010-11-18, 03:35 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNgMaN View Post
I'm on my work computer and can't fix the colours but here's what it looks like in our opening. our pantry is a little more then 24" deep from the front of the door to the wall.
Songman, I'm looking at getting this fridge for our new house. How has it been working out for you?