Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Appliances and Furniture

Appliances and Furniture What fits? Where to get it? How will it look?

Old 2011-03-01, 11:18 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadi View Post
Thanks for the info. I totally agree -- the look of it is beautiful. A second fridge in the basement was also something that we were considering. I will have to decide of I can live with that or not.... actually sooner rather than later as the fridge is on sale at sears for $2499 (until March 6th).
Am I the only one who feels like the fridge function on the Samsung is adequate for my family. This is my first counter depth and I pack all I need in that fridge. Other than the looks, it does really pack a lot I feel. We are a family of 5 including a constantly starving teenager so I stock up a lot. The freezer though is not enough. I have an upright freezer in my basement and I have always had that even with a full depth fridge.
On the price, $2499 is not really a great deal IMO. Futureshop had it for $1800 sometime ago. I don't know if they will have it again but it's good to be on the lookout.

Old 2011-03-01, 11:22 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj3tots View Post
Am I the only one who feels like the fridge function on the Samsung is adequate for my family. This is my first counter depth and I pack all I need in that fridge. Other than the looks, it does really pack a lot I feel. We are a family of 5 including a constantly starving teenager so I stock up a lot. The freezer though is not enough. I have an upright freezer in my basement and I have always had that even with a full depth fridge.
On the price, $2499 is not really a great deal IMO. Futureshop had it for $1800 sometime ago. I don't know if they will have it again but it's good to be on the lookout.
To tell you the truth, ours isn't even filled up yet - even though I've done a couple of grocery runs. Maybe its the illusion that it won't hold enough!? I find the crispers aren't that big though, so some of our veggies are on the bottom shelf. The only other issues are the door caddies - the right one is fine, but what's up with the top two on the left side?? They hardly fit anything, what do you put in there?
I'm horrified at the price we paid for ours... but the deal on the rest of the appliances make it balance out (somewhat).
Old 2011-03-01, 11:46 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmogrrl View Post
To tell you the truth, ours isn't even filled up yet - even though I've done a couple of grocery runs. Maybe its the illusion that it won't hold enough!? I find the crispers aren't that big though, so some of our veggies are on the bottom shelf. The only other issues are the door caddies - the right one is fine, but what's up with the top two on the left side?? They hardly fit anything, what do you put in there?
I'm horrified at the price we paid for ours... but the deal on the rest of the appliances make it balance out (somewhat).
If I get fired from work, I'll blame you. Just chuckled out loud about the 'what's up with the top two on the left side??'
It's true. I am constantly picking up left over cut up onions and tomato bits that my kids dump into the 'holes'
On prices, I really don't bother about after the fact because it's easy to go crazy. I make sure to get the best bargain available when I'm shopping and if prices drop after my deal is closed. Oh well, can't win it all!

Old 2011-03-01, 05:05 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj3tots View Post
I was wondering about the price. Thanks for the info... I will keep my eye out. Sears is kind of interesting in that they will match any future sale price that they or competitors have up until 30 days after delivery.

On the roominess issue, you are saying all the things that I want to hear!!

Last edited by Newhaven; 2011-03-01 at 05:08 PM.
Old 2011-03-07, 10:04 AM
Regular User

Hi everyone...which model of the samsung fridge are we talking about. I am looking at getting Samsung as well. Any thoughts on model RF4287HARS. That is Samsung's four door option fridge.
Old 2011-03-08, 11:03 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeera View Post
Hi everyone...which model of the samsung fridge are we talking about. I am looking at getting Samsung as well. Any thoughts on model RF4287HARS. That is Samsung's four door option fridge.
We are discussing the Samsung counter-depth RFG237ACRS.