Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > General > Appliances and Furniture

Appliances and Furniture What fits? Where to get it? How will it look?

Old 2012-11-14, 08:36 AM
Regular User

That's nice
I got the same except for dw which came discounted with thermador
How much is ur dw
N which washer dryer u went wid
Old 2012-11-14, 08:37 AM
Regular User

That's nice
How much is ur dw
Old 2012-11-14, 11:59 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juglans View Post
That's nice
How much is ur dw
The DW was $499 and I went with the followinf washer/dryer pair:

Old 2012-11-14, 12:07 PM
Regular User

Thts nice.
I have one question if u dont mind...why sis u go with samsung DW as i have heard tht it gives u leaking prob and stuff.So many complaints abt it.

I got the same washer and dryer...
WF431ABP
Old 2012-11-14, 12:30 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juglans View Post
Thts nice.
I have one question if u dont mind...why sis u go with samsung DW as i have heard tht it gives u leaking prob and stuff.So many complaints abt it.

I got the same washer and dryer...
WF431ABP
Honestly, I only got it because it matched and has a leak sensor....With hardwood in the kitchen, I can't afford to have it leaking all over the place.....I almost got a GE unit but one thing I hate about GE is that their stainless steel colour has a goldist tint to it.

A DW was not a priority for us anyways as we don't have kids (only pets lol) and will propably never use it, and will only use it for the odd occasion like parties and get togethers.
Old 2012-11-14, 12:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum_ghost View Post
Honestly, I only got it because it matched and has a leak sensor....With hardwood in the kitchen, I can't afford to have it leaking all over the place.....I almost got a GE unit but one thing I hate about GE is that their stainless steel colour has a goldist tint to it.

A DW was not a priority for us anyways as we don't have kids (only pets lol) and will propably never use it, and will only use it for the odd occasion like parties and get togethers.
How much did you pay for the Thermodor? I wanted it as well but the 36" was way too expensive.
Old 2012-11-14, 01:20 PM
Regular User

Yeah i know thermador is very expensive.Even though i got it for 4k but i still feel it to be on expensive side.
If you are not going to use it on regular basis then i guess its a decent price to spend on.
When we were only two we were never using DW as well even on parties i prefered to wash by hand...lol
I got the DW with thermador for 500 which gave me an excuse to buy thermador stove as i was thinking of buying Bosch
So at the end i got higher end and really good quality for only 500 for DW

Old 2012-11-21, 11:48 AM
Regular User

I bought the 30" RCS last month, and just ordered the Bluestar 30" Proline hood today; all from Costco. Can't wait to get the hood so that I can finally get everything installed!
Old 2012-12-03, 12:09 PM
Regular User

Let us know how is it working..?The stove and the hood.I am still looking for the hood for my gas stove
Old 2012-12-04, 11:22 AM
Regular User

Juglans,

So far, so good. The range is everything I expected. I did a ton of research and comparisons with other similar gas ranges. The Bluestar open burners really take home cooking to a whole new level.
As for the range hood, it performs extremely well. It's amazing how much grease is captured after one wok session. The 24" depth really helps capture a lot of the smoke and grease. If it were possible, I would have gone with a 36" wide hood (cabinet restriction). I have a 30" range with same size hood and it doesn't get all, but most of the smoke. But thats only an issue when wok'ing. Normal cooking is fine with the 30" wide hood. On high (600cfm), the fan is loud, but not as loud as the builder hood. Medium/low is a nice hum. The Bluestar hood has variable fan control, so there's really no high/med/low setting.

Hope this helps.