Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Georgetown / Acton

Georgetown / Acton For residents of and soon-to-be residents of the towns of Halton Hills.

Old 2020-05-29, 03:19 PM

Smile Remington Homes - Hello Georgetown

Hey Everyone,

First time home buyers here

We just booked a home in Remington Homes 'Hello Georgetown' development. Just wondering if anyone else on this forum has anything to say about Remington Group or the their development in Georgetown. Also, would love to know more about Georgetown as well.

Also, our closing date is May 2021 but they haven't even started excavation yet. Our first payment was first week of March. When do they actually start the work? Getting a bit restless

cheers
Old 2020-07-15, 04:15 PM

Hey there!

Currently a resident, bought in February 2017, closed in November 2018. We were delayed right to the final closing (initial closing date was March 2018, second was July 2018.)

My partner and I enjoyed our purchase experience with them; but many of our neighbours had mixed feelings due to craftsmanship. Any issues that we personally ran into, they fixed – they were eager to get the outstanding items done well before our Tarion deficiencies list was due.

We've always been kind to them and exchange, they've been nothing but kind back (which is the only real difference I can see between our experience compared to that of some of our neighhbours.) In fact, when they came to review the deficiencies list themselves, they pointed out other things that my partner and I had missed (first time buyers, too) that they wanted to address for us.

Georgetown is a great community that puts you in a good spot in terms of proximity to some of the larger cities (Brampton/Mississauga) while still retaining that small town charm. It's very quiet and people are friendly.

In terms of excavation, they didn't start excavating for us until January 2018.