Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill

Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill For residents and soon-to-be residents of Mattamys On Main and Wheler's Mill.

Old 2007-02-04, 03:21 PM
Regular User

Default Water Softener Installer

I'm thinking about buying our water softener through a friend, but I need someone to install it...does anybody know how much it would be to install, or where I can find someone to install it? Does anybody know if this affects the warranty of anything? Thanks!
Old 2007-02-06, 12:07 AM
Regular User

No one? Nothing? Nada??!!?
Old 2007-02-06, 10:09 AM
Regular User

I used a guy from "Superior Water" I found him in the yellow pages under "Water" he is local runs a company that also installs RO systems and supplies NA+ and KCL for softeners. Cost us $200 to hook up our softener we brought from our old house. Hope that helps.

Last edited by cbmcneil; 2007-02-07 at 04:07 PM.
Old 2007-02-07, 08:00 PM
Regular User

$200 is a lot of $ for a one hour job.
Moved In
Old 2007-02-07, 08:05 PM
Regular User

Well, I guess he picked a good career. He's got a great market for it. Most of us can't do it ourselves and everyone needs one!! Smart guy!

Last edited by cbmcneil; 2007-02-07 at 08:20 PM.
Old 2007-02-07, 08:42 PM
Regular User

Default Water softener

We paid about that too for our Install, just a little more actually. We called sears and had a guy come out.

We also got a bypass for our water in the back yard, becuase there was no need to soften the outside water. Although we did keep the one to the garage hooked up to the cycle, since we wash our cars with it and it keeps the minerals and other crap I don't know about off the cars.

$200 does seem like a lot, but don't forget they have to run pipes from where the water comes into your house, to the softener, and then back to that main line to supply the house. Cheaper if you are placing your water softener next to that area, but our water comes in on the other side of the basement from where we wanted to put it (next to the furnace).

Last edited by the thompsons; 2007-02-08 at 02:43 PM.
Old 2007-02-08, 01:49 PM
Regular User

Thank so much everyone...the brand I would like to buy is North STar Ultra Demand...is there anything else I need to look for in a Water Softener? I would hate to buy it and have to return it...this is what it says...

~The Ultra Demand water softner removes hardness minerals from your water. Your family will feel and see the difference immediately as conditioned water makes skin and hair silky soft, your laundry cleaner and brighter and dishes spot free.~

The brand is North Star.

I know NOTHING about Water Softners so if there is a certain type/capacity/chemical that I HAVE to have, please let me know...thanks!
Old 2007-02-08, 04:30 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJP
I know NOTHING about Water Softners so if there is a certain type/capacity/chemical that I HAVE to have, please let me know...thanks!
You can search the Forums for "water softener" for links.
You can start here: http://www.buildinghomes.ca/communit...water+softener
Own a house near 10th & Hoover Park.

P.S. Username should be John