Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane

Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane For residents and soon-to-be residents of Stouffvilles Main Street and River Ridge, Great Gulf Homes, Fieldgate, Greenpark and more!

Old 2006-11-14, 10:34 PM

Default interest rates RBC

I bought in RiverRidge May 1, 2004. I received an email today from Grace at RBC telling me to contact her so I did. Nothing got resolved because she was not in the office. I was just wondering what my next step should be if they deny me the rates. Lawyer, builder, bank, public...... It's not our fault that we got delayed I just want to know if I would be fighting a losing battle.
Old 2006-11-15, 02:15 PM
Regular User

Default Interest Rates with Builder

Bjbanner, when you originally signed on to your preapproved mortgage, I know with Fieldgate Homes in Thornhill, you can get the builder's rates where they guarantee the same rates and cap them for 18 months. Did you have that choice with Fieldgate in your area?
Old 2006-11-15, 07:48 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Waiting says:
Has anyone met with the company that does the wiring for speakers etc. What services do they offer? Is anyone else using them?[

I booked an appointment, as I was curious about the alarm set up. They will do additional cable, or phone hookups, built in speakers wall or ceiling mount, closed cct video security, monitored fire alarms, satellite dish installation, cable management solution for RJ45 (LAN), RJ11 (phone), cable, Garage Door Opener supply & install, wired and wireless burglar alarm systems monitored by MAXGAURD.

With respect to RBC, I kept my RBC mortgage rep up to date with the delays with copies of delay letters from the builder. In turn I requested rate approval extension and received in writing mortgage rate extensions.

Old 2006-11-15, 08:36 PM

Default interest rates

When I signed up with Fieldgate RBC was the onsite bank that offered a 1% reduction off the posted rates at the time. The problem is that I am now not getting straight answers because I am now in my 31th month since I bought in RiverRidge. Rates have gone up and really the bank does not want to offer me a rate of 4.6%. I am thinking I may have to talk to Fieldgate to see if maybe they can talk to the lending institution. Thoughts ??
Old 2006-11-15, 09:23 PM
Regular User

I'll send you a PM.