Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2018-08-31, 12:37 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer18 View Post
We didnít even try to change it, the way the email was worded was basically here is your date and time, the people on title need to attend and if youíre not able to, you have to let Averton know youíre sending someone else on your behalf or else their inspection person just does it themselves.
Oh wow. Is it smack dab in the middle of the day?
Old 2018-08-31, 01:10 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarv View Post
Oh wow. Is it smack dab in the middle of the day?
Mine is at 9am which isnít too bad and the email said theyíre about 2 hrs in length. But Iím not sure if others are scheduled throughout the day
Old 2018-09-05, 03:45 PM

They did this to me too and when I got to the PDI, I didn't have a kitchen counter or sink so just beware! A PDI should be a completed product.
Old 2018-09-05, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoofle View Post
I don't have the exact numbers. But I can double check later once I get home.

Also the units are supposed to come with the toilet paper/towel holders. They shouldn't be charging extra for that. If anything, just point out that it's missing on your PDI or your one month Tarion followup
It came with towel rods in the linen cupboard or coat cupboard. They just don't put it up in case you want it somewhere else. Paper towel holders I had to buy.
Old 2018-09-05, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himmerz View Post
Now the lot of you are in, it sounds like the condo corp has been registered and you have assumed your morgtages. Are you happy with what you have now? was it worth the extensive but alleged ďunavoidableĒ delays? have all of the major issues been addressed ie: cabintes installed, appliances installed including the hood fan above the stove, etc...

We are in phase 2 and after watching everything phase 1 has endured, were wondering if all the pain and suffering was/is worth it? We still have a ways to go before we see occupancy obviously and I know we are going to be in for a ride...
I would say it was not worth the wait. I love it now that I'm in it but I wish I didn't buy it and could have been in a new house 3 years earlier to be perfectly honest.
Old 2018-09-08, 12:31 PM
Regular User

Has anyone moved into the Garden towns? How was the PDI? I'm scheduled to move end of October. Can anyone post some pics of the Kitchen island, I'd like to see how it looks with the redesigned breakfast bar.
Old 2018-09-09, 11:38 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenm View Post
Has anyone moved into the Garden towns? How was the PDI? I'm scheduled to move end of October. Can anyone post some pics of the Kitchen island, I'd like to see how it looks with the redesigned breakfast bar.
My PDI is on Tuesday taking posesssion next Monday. Iíve gone in on my own and Iíve seen the counter. In my opinion itís a waste of space and I canít believe they wouldnít have given us cabinetry for storage as the kitchen is already very small.

I have a photo but itís not letting me attach it. Iíll see if I can do it in a spwerTe post.
Old 2018-09-19, 12:22 PM
Regular User

Default Bell Fibe TV

For people that have moved in... are your internet routers also in your garage?? I got the Bell gigabit promo and when Bell came to install, the installation tech thought it was a really silly location for the fibe cable, but thatís where he set up the router. Now we barley get a wifi connection on the 3rd floor even with a wifi extender. Is anything set up differently in your homes or do you have any suggestions??
Old 2018-09-19, 12:28 PM
Regular User

The box where the cables and everything that bring the internet to the house is in the garage, but my router is plugged in upstairs. I don't know for sure, but I thought you can pretty much put the router where ever you want, as long as there is the wall plug and ethernet cable plug. I would try moving it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer18 View Post
For people that have moved in... are your internet routers also in your garage?? I got the Bell gigabit promo and when Bell came to install, the installation tech thought it was a really silly location for the fibe cable, but that’s where he set up the router. Now we barley get a wifi connection on the 3rd floor even with a wifi extender. Is anything set up differently in your homes or do you have any suggestions??

Last edited by kriskm; 2018-09-19 at 12:33 PM.
Old 2018-09-24, 04:00 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriskm View Post
The box where the cables and everything that bring the internet to the house is in the garage, but my router is plugged in upstairs. I don't know for sure, but I thought you can pretty much put the router where ever you want, as long as there is the wall plug and ethernet cable plug. I would try moving it...
There seemed to be a spot for the WIFI modem in the walk-in closet (with a hide-away panel). This is where the Bell tech installed it.