Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > King Township / Kleinburg Hills

King Township / Kleinburg Hills Aspen Ridge, Country Wide Homes and more!

Old 2014-09-26, 05:08 PM
Regular User

Default Nobleton Politics

Please be advised that there is a Candidates Forum coming up on October 1st and you're all invited.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Candidates Forum-01.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	12509  
Old 2014-10-12, 05:20 AM
Regular User

Default Early Voting Dates & Locations

Here are the early voting dates and locations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Early Voting.jpg (21.3 KB, 74 views)
Old 2014-10-23, 05:19 AM
Regular User

Default Dear Residents of Nobleton/Laskay

Dear Residents of Nobleton/Laskay.

You are the reason I’m out there knocking on doors, every day and every night, trying to win this election.

Please understand just how important this election really is for you and your family, and how imperative it is that careful consideration is given to whom you decide to vote for.

Ask yourself if that person who wants your vote really has your best interests in mind.

A vote for me is a vote for you, your family, and a new Nobleton/Laskay. My vision of a new Nobleton/Laskay involves ONE community, not two or three.

I want you to know that no matter what happens on Monday, I’ll always be there for you and I will always do the best I can for you.

Hopefully, I will have the platform of Councillor to be able to accomplish more for you.

Please remember to vote,

Thank you.

Joe

Joe Buscema

Early voting is available today & tomorrow from 9:00am to 8:00pm at the King Township Munincipal Offices (2075 King Rd, just east of Keele St on the south side) and also this Saturday at the King City Arena from 9:00am to 5:00pm (25 Doctors Lane, King City)

Last edited by joetoronto; 2014-10-25 at 09:59 PM.
Old 2014-10-24, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Default Nobleton Politics

Put it all here.
For Your Home - For Your Condo - For Your Office

http://www.phand.ca/
Old 2014-10-26, 06:32 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
Put it all here.
OK but it's over now, Greg.
Old 2014-10-27, 02:09 PM
Regular User

Exclamation Election day!

Hello Everyone,

Today is the day, it's election day. This is the day we make a decision for the next four years ahead of us. It is critical.

Being such a small town, every vote matters around here, so please make some time to vote today.

Lets make the smart decision and vote Joe BUSCEMA, he's always been there for most of us. Its the least we can do for him!

VOTE JOE BUSCEMA, WARD 2 COUNCILLOR!
Old 2014-10-28, 05:00 AM
Regular User

Thumbs up Hats Off To David Boyd, New Ward 2 Councillor

David won this election easily and obviously resonated with the vast majority of the voters. Congratulations are in order for Mr Boyd, well done.

Many votes that Jim Streb and Peter Grandilli had in the last election went to David. There was a very real concern outdide of KCE/Fandor about the possibility of Peter Grandilli winning again via a 4 way split vote, so the people got together and chose Boyd. Combine that with the fact that approximately only 15% of the people of KCE/Fandor voted, and it added up to massive victory for David.

My crew and I did the best we could, day in and day out, but it obviously wasn't good enough. We knew all along that voter apathy was a distinct possibility, and sure enough, it was a major factor. In contrast, you should have seen the people who supported Boyd, so many of them in their late 80's and maybe even 90's, barely able to make it to the booth to vote, but vote they did. Hats off to them, they have spirit, lots of spirit.

To all that helped out, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it, thank you so much. To the 15% that did vote, I can't tell you how good it made me feel seeing you there last night I'll forget it.

Having been through an election now, I truly understand what it takes both physically and mentally, and I want to commend all that ran.

I promised that win or lose I would be here for you and I am. I will do the best I can for you going forward, just understand that there's only so much I can do now.

Last edited by joetoronto; 2014-10-28 at 08:01 AM.
Old 2014-10-28, 08:57 AM
Regular User

15% - that is really appalling. Anyways, quick math shows that 15% voter turnout from KCE equates to almost 100% of your neighbours who voted chose you, Joe. And that is something to be proud of! Once again, thank-you for your efforts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetoronto View Post
David won this election easily and obviously resonated with the vast majority of the voters. Congratulations are in order for Mr Boyd, well done.

Many votes that Jim Streb and Peter Grandilli had in the last election went to David. There was a very real concern outdide of KCE/Fandor about the possibility of Peter Grandilli winning again via a 4 way split vote, so the people got together and chose Boyd. Combine that with the fact that approximately only 15% of the people of KCE/Fandor voted, and it added up to massive victory for David.

My crew and I did the best we could, day in and day out, but it obviously wasn't good enough. We knew all along that voter apathy was a distinct possibility, and sure enough, it was a major factor. In contrast, you should have seen the people who supported Boyd, so many of them in their late 80's and maybe even 90's, barely able to make it to the booth to vote, but vote they did. Hats off to them, they have spirit, lots of spirit.

To all that helped out, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it, thank you so much. To the 15% that did vote, I can't tell you how good it made me feel seeing you there last night I'll forget it.

Having been through an election now, I truly understand what it takes both physically and mentally, and I want to commend all that ran.

I promised that win or lose I would be here for you and I am. I will do the best I can for you going forward, just understand that there's only so much I can do now.
Old 2014-10-28, 09:22 AM
Regular User

Joe, you did a great a job. It was a lot of personal sacrifice for you and your family. I know I had a lot of fun during the campaign.

Like you said, you're still here to help and we're here to work with you as best as you can with the mayor and council. Hopefully at the end of 4 years, those that didn't vote will vote in 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joetoronto View Post

Old 2014-10-28, 09:31 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTKCE View Post
15% - that is really appalling. Anyways, quick math shows that 15% voter turnout from KCE equates to almost 100% of your neighbours who voted chose you, Joe. And that is something to be proud of! Once again, thank-you for your efforts!
Thank you, NTKCE. It's that 15% that keep me going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosimo View Post
Joe, you did a great a job. It was a lot of personal sacrifice for you and your family. I know I had a lot of fun during the campaign.

Like you said, you're still here to help and we're here to work with you as best as you can with the mayor and council. Hopefully at the end of 4 years, those that didn't vote will vote in 2018.
I had no idea what it really running entailed, Cosimo. Our live have been upside down for a month and a half.

Thank you.