Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2018-10-23, 02:27 PM

Red face Valleyview Bowmanville

Anyone going to their Grand Opening this weekend? Found their ads on FB.

They have all brick detached homes from the $500s looks quite interesting.
Old 2018-10-31, 10:53 PM
Regular User

Yes, my husband and I put a conditional deposit down and have until Sunday to firm up. We have our lawyer looking over the contract but I've read some awful reviews of the builder and am having second thoughts.
Old 2019-01-11, 11:45 AM

Default Valleyview Bowmanville

Please did you end up buying a unit in this sub-division, I was there and I have 5 business days to get back to them on a decision.
Old 2019-01-11, 02:47 PM
Regular User

Hi, yes we did finalize our purchase. We move in June 2020.. if all goes according to schedule.
Old 2019-01-11, 03:37 PM

fingers crossed. I have worked with this builder before when I bought from them in Brampton . I am hoping that WP development will do a good job of quality control so they finish these homes properly.
I am leaning towards buying from them as well because the price is good for what they are offering compared to other builders out there now.
Old 2019-01-11, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley_ View Post
Hi, yes we did finalize our purchase. We move in June 2020.. if all goes according to schedule.
I forgot to ask, did you lawyer make any changes to the agreement and did they accept the changes.

Also were you able to negotiate on upgrades or anything with the builders?
Old 2019-02-19, 08:32 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaay View Post
fingers crossed. I have worked with this builder before when I bought from them in Brampton . I am hoping that WP development will do a good job of quality control so they finish these homes properly.
I am leaning towards buying from them as well because the price is good for what they are offering compared to other builders out there now.
How did you find them with your purchase in Brampton? Were they on time? Did the home meet your standards?
Old 2019-02-19, 08:33 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaay View Post
I forgot to ask, did you lawyer make any changes to the agreement and did they accept the changes.

Also were you able to negotiate on upgrades or anything with the builders?
Sorry for the delay .. newborn baby at home and havenít been online very much! We did get some changes made, not as many as we wanted but for the price we were ok with it. Werenít able to negotiate any upgrades though. I wonder when our appointment will be to choose those. Did you go through with the purchase in Bowmanville ?
Old 2019-02-19, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Sorry for the delay .. newborn baby at home and havenít been online very much! We did get some changes made, not as many as we wanted but for the price we were ok with it. Werenít able to negotiate any upgrades though. I wonder when our appointment will be to choose those. Did you go through with the purchase in Bowmanville ?
Congrats on your bundle of joy.

Yes I ended up with the purchase at Bowmanville. I tried to negotiate for upgrades but it was shut down. Every change I also asked for through the lawyers was declined ,otherwise everything in the purchase agreement is pretty standard but I wanted them to cap the developmental fees incase it increases at closing.

They didn't burdge because they believe they have the best price out there.
I like the location because its close to the 401
Old 2019-02-19, 09:57 PM

Quote:
How did you find them with your purchase in Brampton? Were they on time? Did the home meet your standards?
Ballantry is an "OK" builder. They are not like Tribute or Mattamy. I had a few issues at my previous purchase with them including a leaking basement which they fixed.
My closing was moved out by 3 months. The standards were ok but you will end up paying for most things you want as upgrades.