Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2018-03-07, 10:27 PM
Regular User

Well for phase 1 is taking almost 2 years and still waiting I would say phase 2 will be the same or longer. However I do find it insteresting averton reason of delay is short of contractor and materials all over ontario my frd bought a house from mattamy about a year ago and they are almost ready to move in .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himmerz View Post
Hey Guys, new to the form but have been following it for several months now hoping there would be some ground breaking news that they are actually making headway over there..

For those of you phase 1, when were you original occupancy dates?

For those of you in Gardens in phase 1, what is with the balcony off the second level? Is that off the master bedroom? Did Averton notify you of the change, are they allowed to just make such a change? If I recall from our layouts in phase 2, the master bedroom was on the opposite side of the 2nd level balcony - which would make it even odder if the balcony was on one of the small bedrooms.

We are in phase 2, currently holding for permits from the city allegedly. This was originally scheduled for occupancy, about a week ago however it is delayed until November of 2018, but I think hell will freeze over if that happens so I suspect since they havenít even laid foundation yet we are looking somewhere in 2019 at minimum.
Old 2018-03-08, 11:52 AM
Regular User

Well no notice looks like I'm good to close on June 8th
Old 2018-03-08, 11:54 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremylo View Post
Well for phase 1 is taking almost 2 years and still waiting I would say phase 2 will be the same or longer. However I do find it insteresting averton reason of delay is short of contractor and materials all over ontario my frd bought a house from mattamy about a year ago and they are almost ready to move in .
My original occupancy date was August 2016 purchased Sept 2015
Old 2018-03-08, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himmerz View Post
Hey Guys, new to the form but have been following it for several months now hoping there would be some ground breaking news that they are actually making headway over there..

For those of you phase 1, when were you original occupancy dates?

For those of you in Gardens in phase 1, what is with the balcony off the second level? Is that off the master bedroom? Did Averton notify you of the change, are they allowed to just make such a change? If I recall from our layouts in phase 2, the master bedroom was on the opposite side of the 2nd level balcony - which would make it even odder if the balcony was on one of the small bedrooms.

We are in phase 2, currently holding for permits from the city allegedly. This was originally scheduled for occupancy, about a week ago however it is delayed until November of 2018, but I think hell will freeze over if that happens so I suspect since they havenít even laid foundation yet we are looking somewhere in 2019 at minimum.
Hello,

I bought th2 garden town phase 2 in august 2016, original closing February 2018...delayed till November 2018.

There has been some big changes to garden towns no doubt. For starters, they've completely removed the garden town virtual tour from the internet. Can't find it anywhere anymore, can still see urban and coach videos.

I also noticed the original sitemap had been changed. More coaches and urbans were added and the parquette was moved to a different location.

2nd balcony has been added to smaller bedroom unless they've completely flipped the bedrooms original floor plan.

I was there last weekend and was under the impression that what you see was both phase 1 and phase 2 just at different stages of completion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180308-WA0004.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	14377  
Old 2018-03-08, 05:43 PM
Regular User

I bought Phase 1 in July 2015, original occupancy date was September 2016.

I am now scheduled for occupancy on June 7th, 2018 and as I have not yet heard otherwise, I assume I am good to go!

For those scheduled to move in June 7-11th, have you received anything from Averton yet?

For those already moved in, at what point did you receive the documentation required for the bank to secure your mortgage?
Old 2018-03-08, 09:34 PM
Regular User

I guess they are not sending any notice of firm occupancy . I called averton they told me jun 11 is my firm date and my lawyer will contact me but my lawyer said didn't hear anything yet. So if you don't hear anything within the 90day your good

QUOTE=kriskm;331015]I bought Phase 1 in July 2015,

original occupancy date was September 2016.

I am now scheduled for occupancy on June 7th, 2018 and as I have not yet heard otherwise, I assume I am good to go!

For those scheduled to move in June 7-11th, have you received anything from Averton yet?

For those already moved in, at what point did you receive the documentation required for the bank to secure your mortgage?[/QUOTE]
Old 2018-03-13, 09:33 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyco View Post
Hello,

I bought th2 garden town phase 2 in august 2016, original closing February 2018...delayed till November 2018.

There has been some big changes to garden towns no doubt. For starters, they've completely removed the garden town virtual tour from the internet. Can't find it anywhere anymore, can still see urban and coach videos.

I also noticed the original sitemap had been changed. More coaches and urbans were added and the parquette was moved to a different location.

2nd balcony has been added to smaller bedroom unless they've completely flipped the bedrooms original floor plan.

I was there last weekend and was under the impression that what you see was both phase 1 and phase 2 just at different stages of completion.
I was wondering why the Garden virtual tour was completely removed as well. I ended up finding it on Youtube back in November, however I just looked to send you the link and that has now been removed as well.

The balcony on my unit is off the 2nd bedroom, we opted for the 2 bdrm option though, so I'm not sure where it would be located for those who opted for the 3 bdrm option.

Are you Garden? When did you get your Nov 2018 delay notice ? We were delayed until Sept 2018, along with another family member who also bought Garden but the building behind ours.
Old 2018-03-13, 05:41 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarv View Post
I was wondering why the Garden virtual tour was completely removed as well. I ended up finding it on Youtube back in November, however I just looked to send you the link and that has now been removed as well.

The balcony on my unit is off the 2nd bedroom, we opted for the 2 bdrm option though, so I'm not sure where it would be located for those who opted for the 3 bdrm option.

Are you Garden? When did you get your Nov 2018 delay notice ? We were delayed until Sept 2018, along with another family member who also bought Garden but the building behind ours.
That person is phase two they have not even started on phase two so I believe he will be receiving a delay notice sometime in the summer unfortunately. I'm just giving a realistic idea based on the pace of phase 1.
Old 2018-03-13, 05:43 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyco View Post
Hello,

That is phase 1 layout
Old 2018-03-13, 08:23 PM
Regular User

I know it was asked a few pages back, but any update on when Averton thinks they will be able to register with condo corp/ did this happen yet? Curious as to what the monthly payments to the builder will be until it's registered... I don't recall an amount in the purchase agreement (but I might be wrong)?