Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > East Gwillimbury

East Gwillimbury Holland Landing, Queensville, Mount Albert, River Drive Park, and Sharon.

Old 2016-02-20, 04:45 PM
Regular User

So whether this will delay actual closings I don't know, however a Minto rep did tell us that road paving has been delayed to April from February and they won't start construction on homes until paving is done. We're staying positive that they'll make up the time for us early closings, but also prepared that the chance of a delay could be a strong possibility now unfortunately.
Old 2016-02-20, 10:13 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaione View Post
So whether this will delay actual closings I don't know, however a Minto rep did tell us that road paving has been delayed to April from February and they won't start construction on homes until paving is done. We're staying positive that they'll make up the time for us early closings, but also prepared that the chance of a delay could be a strong possibility now unfortunately.
Oh I was actually wondering if Minto is following a different construction methodology because some communities released after QL such as MyQV and the other one on Mt Albert Rd already have roads paved with street names and stop signs.
There is still ample time for them even if they start paving roads in April but again there are other multitude of reasons/factors along with builder's own scheduling and planning about 'how and when' they want to do it. Some houses at Minto KM are delayed with the reason "To ensure quality build"! . So never know.
Old 2016-02-21, 10:33 AM
Regular User

That's it right! There could be enough time to get it all done but then they decide to delay for some other reason anyways! The fact that they're seemingly moving forward with the design centre appointments is a good sign though. Also, not sure when the last time you went to the site, but there's now hydro poles up from second concession to the master care trailer, so they're definitely still getting ready to start constructing!

I had the same thoughts though about them having a different schedule because they had said they were going to pave in February to start constructing in March and when we saw that they still hasn't started I thought perhaps they would begin building before the streets were in and that's why I called to ask.
Old 2016-02-21, 02:37 PM
Regular User

I was there yesterday. I missed to notice hydro poles but I saw that lot pegs are up for lots ending on 2nd concession.
As you said, they are moving forward steadily which makes me to believe that everything will be on time.
Old 2016-03-19, 08:43 AM
Regular User

Assignment sale!
Anyone has friend or Family is looking for a townhouse at Queen's landing? I have one is closing in early 2017.
I haven't done the Structural and color appointment.
Old 2016-03-19, 08:55 AM
Regular User

They're letting you assign your home? For some reason I remember our lawyer advising us that we were not allowed to do so as per the contract?
Old 2016-03-21, 11:52 AM
Regular User

A family member is actually looking to buy a 36 or 40' lot there, I am not sure how the whole assignment works if anyone was looking to sell But i think they will just end up buying in the second Phase.....
Old 2016-03-21, 09:27 PM
Regular User

Design centre appointments started past weekend. Anybody been there? Any upgrades price info?

Last edited by HomeSearch; 2016-03-21 at 09:30 PM.
Old 2016-04-04, 06:35 PM
Regular User

Hi Queen's Landing owners, I drove by the site last weekend, the road is not even paved, I think Minto will delay at least 4 months. I remember the earliest closing date is September 2016, am I right?
Old 2016-04-05, 07:07 PM
Regular User

Yes, the earliest closing is Sept 2014. I agree with you about the progress and possible delay. I would like to see their speed and the amount of work done by the end of this month, it will be pretty much clear by then.