Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2019-04-04, 08:31 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz87 View Post
Thank you for your response!
It really depends on your unit, the optic fiber goes up to only to your garage. So you have to put your modem there if you want Bell. If you get Rogers then you'll be good with Coax cable which are hooked up into the house. I'm not sure about pre dry wall inspection, since I've requested for a frame walk and they rejected my request. But to the point, it depends on what kind of internet you get, you will have your modem in your garage or your living room. Personally I went with Bell so my modem is mounted to the wall in my garage but I added ethernet cables from the garage leading to the 2nd floor and the 3rd floor, so I don't have much problem getting good internet. Also the Modem/Router combo nowadays should be plenty for the size of our units for Wifi, I think the router built in should be ac wireless(which should support a/b/g/n devices also). Do note that I don't get wireless signal in my Rec room on the first floor, it might be because of the wall and also the machine room with all the heater and such, but I have pod extenders so it helps a lot and now I have signal in there. Hope this helps.

Last edited by NeoCloudZero; 2019-04-04 at 08:33 AM.
Old 2019-04-04, 08:38 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesrus View Post
Have anyone else noticed the oddly placed stop signs they put up recently?
Do you mean the one by the construction office where there's a T shape intersection? I don't think it's placed oddly, did you notice how fast sometimes people drive there? I do however feel like the the roads is angled oddly at that spot, especially because the dirts usually covers the curb by the office entrance so you would think you can go straight if you didn't realize there's a small curb.
Old 2019-04-04, 09:35 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz87 View Post
I have one question and I’m hoping anyone on this forum can help. If you don’t mind sharing, around how much were you expected to pay on taxes for closing, and I’m not referring to land transfer tax. I’m referring to the HST tax or was that not required? I know it varies but if I can get a sense that would help a lot.
The HST and land transfer tax should be the least of your worry considering you've probably calculated that within your budget from the beginning, I would look into how much is the ones that hits you hard and out of no such as things like the development fee and things like how Averton charges you a year of property tax(it's basically pre paid for your upcoming property tax for the first year). Most people usually will take the land transfer tax into consideration when purchasing but things like these can sneak up on you.

Last edited by NeoCloudZero; 2019-04-04 at 09:52 AM.
Old 2019-04-05, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoCloudZero View Post
The HST and land transfer tax should be the least of your worry considering you've probably calculated that within your budget from the beginning, I would look into how much is the ones that hits you hard and out of no such as things like the development fee and things like how Averton charges you a year of property tax(it's basically pre paid for your upcoming property tax for the first year). Most people usually will take the land transfer tax into consideration when purchasing but things like these can sneak up on you.
Thanks guys for your feedback...definitely helps to keep these things in mind. Another thing, do the homes come with a furnace and ventless water tank? Just trying to understand the process...do they have you an option to choose, or you have to go to a company to get it?
Old 2019-04-17, 11:56 PM

Default Provident water meter

Hey, did any of you guys let those provident energy people inside your homes?