Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Simcoe

Simcoe Orillia, Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching to Collingwood, Georgian Triangle, Barrie, Alliston, Cookstown, Tottenham, Bradford, Holland Marsh, Midland, Penetanguishene, Georgian Bay, Trent Severn Waterway.

Old 2015-01-08, 09:37 AM
Regular User

I will drive by today and have a look at the site - I had thought they did nothing so far judging by the posts here..

We bought the Mackenzie "b" we are super excited, Beeton seems like a wonderful place to raise the kids!

When do you think your house will be ready?
Old 2015-01-08, 12:22 PM
Regular User

No,
They actually have done a lot of work. It was just the field covered with grass and bushes and some trees last fall. They've put a lot of dirt to raise the land and made the storm water management system and gas and electricity and what not... Finally they've made the curbs and paved the roads. Seems like enough to get the building permits from the town. Hopefully they will by the end of January. Then they can start building if nothing like "severe weather conditions" prevents them. Actually I don't know for sure, just speculating...
My official closing date is in may, but I don't think so. Hoping to move in summer though.
Do you have a walk out basement in you house?
Old 2015-01-08, 10:28 PM
Regular User

Yes, walk-out basement
I drove by today and the site was covered in snow.. its nice to hear that the curbs are in already.. you seen that last time you visited? Im hoping this will be a nice area to live in, I am looking forward to it!
Old 2015-01-09, 10:03 AM
Regular User

Curbs and roads and stop signs were there before Christmas. Hopefully they will start building soon.
And yes, I like Beeton a lot. Not crowded yet, like the place we live now became lately
Old 2015-01-23, 09:54 AM
Regular User

I received a letter from Cosmopolitan that utilities and street lights are expected to be installed in late January and February.
They anticipate building permits will be issued in March and first closings in late June.

My home itself has a firm closing date on June 29, 2015 so I hope that includes me as the "first closings".

I haven't had a chance to drive by the area and inspect what they have done. I will try this weekend and see what they have done as of now.
Old 2015-01-26, 01:05 PM
Regular User

I went to visit this past Sunday and as Kisaki said, the roads, curbs and street names have been planted.
Has anyone noticed that they are planning on building a condo in Beeton? The sign was across the street from Petro Canada. VP Condos... Interesting.
Old 2015-01-29, 10:55 PM
Regular User

Hello everyone,
Are there new houses still available in Beeton from any builder?
Old 2015-01-30, 08:17 AM
Regular User

Hi HomeSearch,

Glad you want to be a part of the new Beeton Community.

There are 2 builders in Beeton currently... Alliance Homes/Cosmopolitan Homes (AKA West Country) or Devonleigh Homes (AKA Parson's Glen).
I would suggest that you check their websites and give them a call or visit their sales center for best and accurate info.
West Country is over 90% sold. I think they do have a few houses left. I don't know about Devonleigh though.

There is also a small condo coming up in the future if that is what you may be looking for.

John
Old 2015-03-09, 05:15 PM
Regular User

Default Prostrated

Hi just wondering if anyone did sign any mutual agreement re closing date? As well as amendment for critical dates? Also how many times have your closing date been moved?
Old 2015-03-09, 06:43 PM
Regular User

I dont know what the mutual agreement letter is. We bought our house afew months ago with a closing date of late November. Drove by the other day over the weekend and drove in the site as it was open. it was nice seeing our plot of land

What house did you buy Bohol?