Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2019-10-04, 08:27 AM
Regular User

Default Caivan "The Ridge" - Barrhaven - Oct 5th

Hello folks

Would like to know if anyone buying any units on Oct 5th from Caivan's "The Ridge" ?
How is the builder Caivan itself and the location (south Barrhaven)?
Attached is the area map where they releasing almost 45 Town homes and 45-50 Singles. Thanks!

https://caivan.com/wp-content/upload...n_v7_Email.pdf
Old 2019-10-04, 12:01 PM
Regular User

I bought a house in their other Barrhaven community (Conservancy) last year. If you are interested in buying at the Ridge, let me know if you would like a referral--we would each get $1000 cashback.

We looked at several builders and communities before buying. They are definitely a new company so there's not many reviews for them yet (I've been looking but haven't found anyone with a completed Caivan home to comment), however so far I've been impressed by their customer service (especially compared to some other builders). Not sure if you are aware but they are an offshoot of Glenview (who seem to generally have very favourable reviews) who were in turn an offshoot of Mattamy (who have a lot of negative reviews), so the people involved in Caivan do have prior experience developing new housing communities but it does remain to be seen what the end result will be like. We did visit the construction site a few times though and from what we've seen they keep the site very organized and clean, which is always a great sign for construction quality. One big downside though is that I do find their upgrade prices to be quite high. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

In terms of location, "The Ridge" is definitely located in a popular new area (lots of builders like Mattamy, Minto (their Quinn's Pointe community), and Tamarack also building there so it's definitely going to be a bustling area of Barrhaven in the future. The new Minto recreation complex is also really nice. Personally I do prefer to be closer to amenities like Barrhaven Town Centre (which is why we bought in Conservancy), but I know a lot of people (especially families) prefer to live in the South Barrhaven area as it is a bit "quieter" away from the hustle & bustle of Strandherd. So both have their pros and cons, just depends on what you're looking for in a house.

There is definitely good future potential in the area although the next few years may be a bit difficult all over Barrhaven as there are many infrastructure projects in the works that will take time (Strandherd widening, Via Rail overpass, Greenbank realignment, etc) so expect some frustration from construction, but if they do build the Barnsdale highway 416 interchange in the future (something that has been talked about but not a sure thing and may be years away still), that will definitely provide a nice boost in terms of increasing ease of commuting so there is good potential for the area there.
Old 2019-10-05, 10:06 AM
Regular User

Default townhouse prices - Oct5-2019

attached townhome prices - released on phase 1 - oct5.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0983.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	418.5 KB
ID:	14707