Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Ottawa

Ottawa For those in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Orleans, Nepean. Mattamy, Minto, Bridlewood, Cardel, Claridge, Braebury, Monarch, Barrhaven, Half Moon Bay, Fairwinds, Findlay Creek, Notting Hill, West Pointe, Stonebridge, Edinburgh Common, Uniform at Orchard-Stonebridge-Barrhaven and more!

Old 2016-12-02, 12:32 PM
Regular User

Appleseed said we were out of the way.. Wow what a poor business model they have.. We are not convenient for them..
Old 2016-12-02, 01:51 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHapp67 View Post
appleseed just emailed me Buffalograss is off too far off their route .. Pierce Hills full booked..it is starting to come up on google maps. I went to appleseed office yesterday and they showed me the customers along along river mist..des soldats reindeau ..just strange we are to far off their route.. not like they are coming for free..lol
Pierce Hill emailed customers several months ago to fill spots so not surprised they are booked in December - early fall is the time to start contacting snow blowing companies.

Good luck with your search
Old 2016-12-02, 03:25 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Appleseed said we were out of the way.. Wow what a poor business model they have.. We are not convenient for them..
I would say that if they have enough customers that they don't want to go too far out of their way then they probably have a good business model.

Check and see who your neighbors are going with. If they also don't have anyone, and you can get a few to commit to Appleseed then you might have a better chance convincing them to make the trip to your street.

In the end they only have a certain amount of equipment and having to make a trip out of their way doesn't make sense for one customer. Think of it this way, each driveway probably takes less than a minute to clear. Having to spend even 5 minutes to get to your street for just one home when they could spend the same amount of time doing a number of driveways in an area where they already have customers wouldn't be wise for them.
Old 2016-12-02, 04:22 PM
Regular User

makes sense.. thanks.. i will buy a snow blower.. lol
Old 2016-12-02, 09:17 PM
Regular User

I prefer snowblowing company that does not charge a flat rate. My neighbour paid $300 last year and i believe they only showed up 5 times to clean the driveway. He wasn't too pleased but it was not the company's faults. It is what it is.

I like to see the company offering a discount if there's not enough snow in a given year and vice versa if we got a ton of dumps then I don't mind paying extra.
Old 2016-12-14, 10:04 AM
Regular User

I noticed that Buffalograss wasn't getting plowed. I contacted Mattamy about it and didn't get a response. I contacted the city and was told that it was the builder's responsibility. I tried Mattamy again and I contacted our councilor Jan Harder. Jan Harder's assistant followed up with the city and sent the plow out yesterday. She said that snow removal is the city's responsibility and we should be getting snow removal from now on.

I was worried that snow would freeze and become dangerous. Just a FYI and so far happy with our councilor.
Old 2016-12-14, 10:14 AM
Regular User

Aww..Thanks for doing that suezuki .
Old 2016-12-14, 10:16 AM
Regular User

That would be nice.. I have had no luck getting a snowplow to even look at our street..Not enough clients on the streets(not any supposedly).
Old 2016-12-20, 04:30 PM
Regular User

Quote:
That would be nice.. I have had no luck getting a snowplow to even look at our street..Not enough clients on the streets(not any supposedly).

My neighbour was just able to get service with these guys..

http://utopiasnowblowing.ca/

we are considering contacting them as well.
Old 2016-12-22, 04:15 PM
Regular User

how long has the Mattamy been selling their half moon bay model homes? Anyone knows it. Thanks in advance!