Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2019-02-26, 06:29 AM
Regular User

The converter is in the garage, but only internet/ cable jack is in the living room.. That's where the Modem connects. they normally asks where you want the jack during pre-drywall inspection.
Old 2019-03-02, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgombe View Post
The converter is in the garage, but only internet/ cable jack is in the living room.. That's where the Modem connects. they normally asks where you want the jack during pre-drywall inspection.
Thank you for your response!
Old 2019-03-02, 02:26 PM

I have one question and I’m hoping anyone on this forum can help. If you don’t mind sharing, around how much were you expected to pay on taxes for closing, and I’m not referring to land transfer tax. I’m referring to the HST tax or was that not required? I know it varies but if I can get a sense that would help a lot.

Last edited by Statz87; 2019-03-02 at 02:32 PM.
Old 2019-03-02, 02:36 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz87 View Post
I have one question and Iím hoping anyone on this forum can help. If you donít mind sharing, around how much were you expected to pay on taxes for closing, and Iím not referring to land transfer tax. Iím referring to the HST tax or was that not required? I know it varies but if I can get a sense that would help a lot.
Taxes for me was included in the price, so no HST added
Old 2019-03-04, 01:00 PM

does anyone have central vac in their units?
Old 2019-03-11, 06:34 PM

Hi everyone, another question. I just now am in my 90 day mark woohoo which means no more delays right? I haven't gotten any letter or email from Averton. Do I go and get my mortgage stuff done now? or do I wait?
Old 2019-03-12, 10:52 AM
Regular User

Hi JS,

Assuming that you have the same experience as the rest of us who have already moved in; in 90 days you will be taking OCCUPANCY, meaning you do not have a mortgage and are essentially paying rent to Averton. Once your block is registered with the condo corp, you will be notified by you lawyer of your FINAL CLOSING, at which point you will have to get your mortgage and you actually take possession of your unit.

Given that some blocks are already registered with the condo corp, this might not be the case for you - however it seems like different blocks are being registered at different times, so I recommend that you check the wording in your last letter/email from Averton or verify with your lawyer whether you are taking OCCUPANCY or POSSESSION in 90 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2018 View Post
Hi everyone, another question. I just now am in my 90 day mark woohoo which means no more delays right? I haven't gotten any letter or email from Averton. Do I go and get my mortgage stuff done now? or do I wait?
Old 2019-03-18, 12:37 PM

The letter says that I will take occupancy, how long did it take before your unit was registered and you paid this rent? Should I go to the lawyer now and mortgage broker or do I wait?
Old 2019-04-02, 10:14 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2018 View Post
The letter says that I will take occupancy, how long did it take before your unit was registered and you paid this rent? Should I go to the lawyer now and mortgage broker or do I wait?

rec'd occ. notice in April and took title in June therefore 3 months of occ. fees.

you will need to wait for the mortgage just in case as there are instances when the lender won't hold rates for longer than 90 days.

J
Old 2019-04-03, 09:54 AM

Have anyone else noticed the oddly placed stop signs they put up recently?