Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Waterloo Region

Waterloo Region Kitchener, Cambridge, and Waterloo, and the townships of Wellesley, Woolwich, Wilmot, and North Dumfries.

Old 2008-03-28, 06:58 PM
Regular User

Smile Welcome

Welcome beav to our slow but everygrowing community. I am sure when word gets out this group of Mill pond purchasers will soar. That is a sweet lot you have! When is your closing date anyway? That looks like a very nice house!

Congrats and we will see you around the neighbourhood sometime! All the best!
Old 2008-03-29, 07:20 PM
Regular User

Default Decor centre

just got off the phone with Mattamy today and they told me that the decor centre opening has been pushed back once again to mid April! We can't wait to get in there for a look and it sucks when it gets pushed back. Oh well better that then our closing dates though! Wouldnt that suck!

i wonder how long it is gonna take until you can actually get into the site for alook and better yet when are they gonna survey the land with lot #'s! Wouldnt that be sweet to see what your pile of dirt looks like! Hopefully they will put the stakes up soon and we can have a look. I have always checked from Blackbridge Road entrance and the gate is always closed. has anybody been able to find another area to enter by?
Old 2008-03-30, 02:12 PM
Regular User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeav View Post
Hey everyone! My wife and I just finalized our purchase of a Mattamy Home in Mill Pond. This will be our first "new" house and we are both very excited and pleased with Mattamy's quality. We are on lot 60 and we got the Riverside elevation B. Good to see a forum for future residents of Mill Pond. Hope everyone has fun in the next couple of months planning the final details of their home!

Hi Beav,

Welcome to the forum!

We're lot 171 so we're right across the street from you. That's a very nice house on a great lot!

Lauren
Old 2008-03-31, 03:12 PM
Regular User

Location: Brampton right now - Cambridge (Mill Pond) Next Feb =)
Wink

Welcome Beav!
Like many in this section, this will be alot of first brand new homes (including myself - I'm a first time homebuyer and first time brand new home owner!) So we all will be going through this together!!

Style,

UGH I am dying to see the design centre!!! I have ants in my pants! I was actually just going to call them right before I saw your post, with the push back date info. But I think I had read on another Mattamy Forum site that, that happened to others as well.... so I guess it can be expected. And as long as our houses aren't delayed then I will be a happy camper. I wish we could get in there also. I want to see my lot of expensive dirt right now

Has anyone else received the email from Mattamy about the new release of the 14 homes in the cul-de-sac? It was released this weekend. I belive it's within our phase 2 also. I wonder what the lot premiums are, as there is some nice large lots there *drools*

Old 2008-03-31, 03:59 PM
Regular User

Me too! I have a good idea of what we want but it would be great to see everything in person. Hopefully this is the last delay.

I check out the hawthorne site a lot - some really helpful information here and lots of people have posted images of their new homes, some models are comparable in size and layout to the Mill Pond community but they're called different names so you have to do a bit of searching. This is our second house but Im just as excited for the whole process as you can tell.

Old 2008-03-31, 10:27 PM
Regular User

Hello all,

My husband and I are joining all of you in March 09! We purchased Lot 40 (a Greenway B). We are so excited. This is our second new home but we are even more excited this time since we now have two small kids.We really need more space! We live in Milton right now and can't wait to move to Cambridge. In fact we are so obsessed that we drive out to see our dirt at least once a week. We just got home from the latest visit minutes ago. There are so many decisions to make and it'll be nice to have this forum as a sounding board. We want to check out the Oakville Design Centre this week or next while we wait for ours to be ready. Wednesdays are the open house nights, right? Now we just need the grandparents to babysit. We have also been reading the Hawthorne Village forum, it is loaded with so many great suggestions. Even this time around we have lots to learn. At least the journey will be fun right?
Cheers!
Old 2008-04-01, 09:28 AM
Regular User

Welcome aej1973!
So happy for you to join us =)
Good to hear you visit at least once a week, you can keep the rest of us informed (Like me, a couple live in Brampton, so it's a little bit of a trek!) As soon as you start to see lots divided, I want to go up there =) And when there is more movement, I am sure we can post pictures on what it looks like up there. I think we all know what our expensive dirt looks like right now

I think if they delay the decor centre any longer, I will go to the Oakville location as well, as I really want to see whats there! I didn't know Wednesdays were the day to go. Thanks.

I am also happy to see a couple people on here are second time new home owners! You can provide us "newbies" some advice that we wouldn't have thought of before as well as let us know what to expect or if things are normal.

Keep in touch and keep us posted =)

Old 2008-04-01, 10:05 AM

Hello all,

My wife laurenlaba kept giving me updates about our new development and I was wondering where she was getting all the info. Then she showed me this message board. I think this forum is a great idea. As more and more people who've purchased a Mill Pond house jump on this forum, we should be able to develop a pretty cool community. I'm hoping we can plan a night to get together in Hespeler Village a month or two before we're all getting ready to close.

I as well, pop by the development about once every two weeks. I can't wait to be able to drive through and start to see the lots take shape. I am also anxious to see the development plans for the Village itself. With this influx of houses and the demographic moving in, I think there will be some very cool businesses and shops setting up in the Village...it'll just take time.

Some of the links my wife has posted on the other thread are very encouraging. I think we've all made a great decision with this buy.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 2008-04-01, 03:10 PM
Regular User

Haha Welcome Mike!
Yes, You're wife has been providing some awesome stuff to read!

My boyfriend did a search a while ago and came across this site also, yet never told me he saw it. I told him about it the other day and he's like "Oh yea, I have seen it, and I have seen you're posts" (knows my handle from my email) I think secretly he would wants to join too!

I think we made a really good move in buying a house in Mill Pond. I think we will get excellent return value on our houses in time!! Especially if they are updating the area!

Old 2008-04-01, 06:30 PM
Regular User

Default Welcome

Welcome aej1973 and Mike! Slowly but surely the community grows. Mike great house! : } We got the same one but went with the B elevation! Lot 3 phase 3 closes April 15 2009.

Hopefully with the snow melting and warmer weather soon upon us we will start seeing some progress at the site. They soon better get there digging going as they have alot of houses promised to alot of people! Some even as soon as End of this year I believe for some towns!

Aej1973 We also have two young kids and hopefully our kids will enjoy a place to grow up and make lots of friends!

Well guys and gals. really isnt too much left to say but hopefully I will see you all at the design centre when it opens in a few weeks as we surely will be there on the Saturday after it opens! : }