Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Waterloo Region

Waterloo Region Kitchener, Cambridge, and Waterloo, and the townships of Wellesley, Woolwich, Wilmot, and North Dumfries.

Old 2008-04-12, 11:22 AM

Hey all I am new to the thread!!!!!!!
My BF and I bought the Southgate End town home and our closing date is April 10. 2009 sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo far away but what can you do right lol. I have lived in Cambridge all my life, it is a nice place to live especially with kids.
I am going to stop buy Canac Kitchens today to see what their standard cabnits will be.

This fourm is great and I hope that it will become as big a the hawthorne one
Old 2008-04-12, 03:48 PM
Regular User

Default Welcome

Welcome Foxy! Our board is slowly gaining members! April 10 2009 , I too know what thats like as my closing date is April 15 2009. So far away but hopefully once the decor centre opens and we can get ideas the time will fly bye! So much We Want but yet it costs so much!

All the best and look forward to your future posts!
Old 2008-04-13, 11:27 PM
Regular User

Welcome Foxy!

Congrats on your new home! Let us know how the visit to Canac goes. Im curious to hear what you think about the selection.

All the best,
Lauren

Old 2008-04-14, 02:23 PM
Regular User

Location: Brampton right now - Cambridge (Mill Pond) Next Feb =)

~Welcome Foxy~

Have you stopped by Canac Kitchens yet? I'm also curious to hear how the selections are.

We went to Cambridge last night and saw that Blackbridge was still closed off. Dirt moved around and some of the entrance started (Like others have mentioned)
A house along Guelph had a banner on their lawn saying "No Mattamy Homes" Or something to that effect. Also, we saw graffiti on the Mattamy Billboard with some colourful words spray painted on. We told the Sales office and they sent off an email I guess to get it replaced. I am hoping by the time the houses are built the established houses on Guelph would be used to it...

I can't imagine that they will possibly do things to the houses when we move in...But then again I just heard from a friend that when she moved into her new Mattamy home (about 6 yrs ago - Scarborough) that when she had moved in, another section (a later phase I guess) was still being built and someone overnight started a fire in it...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully, it won't be bad! I don't at all regret buying a house there if that's what these people's goals are. lol

Last edited by smartsexystylish; 2008-04-14 at 07:06 PM.
Old 2008-04-14, 04:53 PM
Regular User

Hi babymaeby,

When I went to the sales centre yesterday, I asked (couldn't resist!) and they said (cross fingers) they are still on for the end of the month...
And 9 months away!!! I know... It's scary!! It was like yesterday the closing date was over a year away! EEEkkkkk And with the summer approaching it'll just come faster =)

Oh No's I hope they get over it, when they start seeing the houses go up. I hope your "new" existing neighbours don't give you problems... Def. keep us updated!!

I wanted to go to the home show but I have been swamped busy lately... Next year for sure though! Was it any good? How much of a deposit (if any) did you have to put down... And if you don't mind me asking roughly how much was it? The bf and I want to get central vac instead of a actual vaccuum. And is it hard to install?

From what I hear also, the very first thing many of us will want to do is have our Ducts cleaned... Apparently the workers sometimes leave garbage (All new developments not just Mattamy!) so it's highly recommended to get it cleaned. I have read it somewhere (probably here) as well as I have heard it fisrt hand from previous new home owners.

I am on and I just joined the group. Don't worry babymaeby, I'll keep you informed if anything is said in there that may have not made it to here yet! just puts faces to names lol

Old 2008-04-14, 05:49 PM
Regular User

If as it seems this is indeed a ongoing trend which is unfortunate to say the least then you bet there will be increased security at the site when they start to build which sadly to say might make it harder for us to see our homes!

I can see there point to a certain degree but mattamy bought the land and it was accepted by the city so I guess its theres to do with as they wish as long as they adhere to their guidelines!

And as for the ducts i am pretty sure that mattamy will give you a voucher for a free duct cleaning like most home builders! read your schedule A at the very bottom in the also covered section it clearly states " professional duct cleaning" hope this helps ladies!

Frank

Last edited by Style; 2008-04-14 at 05:55 PM.
Old 2008-04-15, 05:17 AM

Default This is so exciting!

Hey everyone! Someone just referred me to this site. Awesome. I`ve been reading everyones messages. We are in phase 2, Lot65, Feb.09 is our move in date. I too am very excited about the design centre. Keep in touch everyone!
Old 2008-04-16, 03:25 PM
Regular User

Welcome JayLynn!
Our closing date is Feb '09 also! 9 more months to go!! So excited also!
The decor centre is supposedly opening April 20th and when I had gone in on Sunday they had said they still hope to open it by the end of the month. Can't wait to see it....

Style,

If there are security guards posted on site we need to bring them Tim Hortons or something!! And who ever gets in, will need to take pictures of our houses as it may be rare that we'll get it. Crosses fingers for minimum security as well as distubrance from exisiting neighbours!
HAha I wonder if that's the reason why they give you free professional duct cleaning... to make sure all their garbage is cleared out. I will look at my contract tonight because I think I remember seeing that =)

Babymaeby,

Wow that sounds like great pricing. For sure we will have to attend next year!

Old 2008-04-16, 08:00 PM
Regular User

Arrow **yay**

OMG!!! The Decor center called us during the day to schedule an appointment. We weren't here to take the call, and we just called back but they're closed now.

For those who have done this before, when we schedule a date is it just to browse the first time or is it to make actual choices? Obviously I want to go in there as knowledgeable as possible. If we are to make firm choices then I need to go to the Oakville location asap!

Anyone else get the glorious call?

Old 2008-04-16, 10:15 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartsexystylish View Post
OMG!!! The Decor center called us during the day to schedule an appointment. We weren't here to take the call, and we just called back but they're closed now.

For those who have done this before, when we schedule a date is it just to browse the first time or is it to make actual choices? Obviously I want to go in there as knowledgeable as possible. If we are to make firm choices then I need to go to the Oakville location asap!

Anyone else get the glorious call?
Hey, that is such great news. Can't wait for them to call us. I am not exactly sure how Mattamy will do things but when we bought our Great Gulf home, we got a list of options and prices at the orientation. On the first appointment, we were on the hook for structural decisions (fireplace, 9 foot ceilings and basement bathroom rough in, stuff like that). At the second appointment we were to make firm decisions on the "pretty stuff" like counters, cabinets etc. That appointment should be a long way off, but I think you should be prepared to speak about construction things on the first appointment. I don't think you are allowed to change your mind once you have given your choices. I suppose they will talk about this at the Welcome meeting everyone is talking about on the page. We should all get the call and/or letter by Friday with all the details. I am beyond ready to get the show on the road.

Amanda