Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Waterloo Region

Waterloo Region Kitchener, Cambridge, and Waterloo, and the townships of Wellesley, Woolwich, Wilmot, and North Dumfries.

Old 2008-04-18, 02:18 PM
Regular User

Location: Brampton right now - Cambridge (Mill Pond) Next Feb =)

Hey Amanda,

Thanks for the info =) Exactly what you had said is what Mattamy is doing.. 2 appointments.

Next Wed. we have orientation at the design centre along with other howeowners (I am guessing from our street?) And that's where we get our packages and prices.

Our first appointment is Friday May 2nd and then the second one will be made for 4 weeks after that.

I had asked our consultant how firm are the choices when we make them at the appointment and she told me that we have 10 days from our appointments. She said that if we go home and think something over we can make a change/addition within that period without being penalized.

I still can't wait to get home tonight and check my mail though!! Has anyone else gotten a letter from them?

Old 2008-04-20, 12:40 PM

Sorry I was not able to make it to the Canac cupboards

I am hoping that the design center opened today like they were supposed to, does anyone know?

babymaeby I am in block 11 lot 3. What townhome did you buy?
Old 2008-04-20, 09:09 PM

I have searched this site many times but somehow didn't notice this thread. I currently live in the Hespeler area but recently purchased in the Mattamy Mill Pond. I only live a few minutes away from the site and can update anyone with their construction. We moved to Hespeler 7 years ago from Oakville and thought it would be temporary since housing prices in Oakville were crazy and we wanted to raise our kids in a quiet safe area. We are now on our 3rd new home in Hespeler and have grown to love the town. We are lot 62.
Old 2008-04-20, 11:07 PM

I got the Southgate end Cant wait to get it lol April 09 is sooooooooooooooo far away lol.
The Dickson looks nice too

welcome Hespler62
Old 2008-04-22, 05:37 PM
Regular User

Welcome Hespeler =)
Glad to see a Cambridge local here! I am sure over the time you can provide this board with valuable info as most of us don't like in Cambridge - At least I don't! I am 45 mins away in Brampton

Old 2008-04-22, 10:00 PM

Just returned from the School board boundary meeting. As most of you are aware, the school will be Silverheights Public school. FYI, in casual conversation, the planning supervisor from the board mentioned that the Mattamy site may be delayed as the sewers were to be in place by April 1. (Still not in) Not sure how this will effect our closing dates but thought I would share. Since the school board now has to find a home for over 200 kids at another school, it seems to be in the best interest of the board to have our subdivision delayed so they can try to accomodate the new kids. They may need to expand an existing school or provide portables. Was by the site today and it appears they are making great progress.
Old 2008-04-28, 01:26 AM

My finance and I bought a home in the new Mill pond development. We really liked the design, location and the price. I'm currently renting a house in Cambridge.

I really hope that there is no delays. I know the residents are concerned because of the sewer and utilities lines go through bedrock and it can either be drilled (slower) or blasted (faster).

Mark
Old 2008-04-28, 10:19 AM
Regular User

Welcome CambridgeCouple!
Like you said, I hope they are not delayed also. Especially since our closing date is already far off!
What house and lot did you two buy? And when is your closing date?
Congrats!

Old 2008-05-01, 06:57 AM

Default Hi Hespeler 62!

My fiancee and I purchased Lot65, we have already met two other families on our side of the street, The Morningstars (lot 64) and The Buckleys (lot 63), great people. There is also a Mattamy - MillPond Group on . Catch y'a later. Cheers. Lynn!
Old 2008-05-01, 12:52 PM

Smile "Mattamy Mill Pond"

anyone with a account come join the group. Ask questions and find neighbours