Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Waterloo Region

Waterloo Region Kitchener, Cambridge, and Waterloo, and the townships of Wellesley, Woolwich, Wilmot, and North Dumfries.

Old 2008-09-12, 11:19 AM
Regular User

Location: Brampton right now - Cambridge (Mill Pond) Next Feb =)

Hi Dreamer!
Did you end up purchasing a home with Mattamy?

Fletcher,
I also bought a Hillcrest. I just love the layout! When is your closing and what's your elevation?
we just chose our brick yesterday evening! So excited! They should be pouring our foundation any moment now =)

Old 2008-09-12, 10:24 PM
Regular User

we picked elevation A and close Dec 09. It's so far away. Which brick did you pick? We picked San Antonio.
Old 2008-09-16, 03:23 PM
Regular User

Hey Fletcher,

We also chose Elevation A =)

WOW! Dec '09? Are you serious? That is still well over a year away!!! We close Feb 4th '09. And we bought in early Jan and I thought that was forever away then!
We picked the SummerSide brick for our house. They don't have any houses with it, so it's hard to envision it. I have someone from Stoney Creek going to send me a picture of it (hopefully!) as they've used it in that Mattamy Community. Wow crazy that you have chosen your brick already! Have you done all your design appointments already too?

What lot number and phase are you in? And are you on the or MillPondPost site also?

Old 2008-09-20, 12:36 PM
Regular User

I'm in phase 5 on Fletcher Circle. Have you chose the interior colours yet? How was the price of the upgrades for the hillcrest? Do you have the price list? I'm sure i will get my appt in the winter.
Old 2008-09-20, 04:15 PM
Regular User

Hi Fletcher,

Yes we have had both of our design appointments. The prices for some of the upgrades we thought we just crazy and others we have found to be quite reasonable. Did you know that you only get ONE operating window per room? I found that out at the Decor Centre Welcoming meeting and thought that was just crazy!
We have all of the price lists for the Hillcrest so if you want to know something, just ask =)

Old 2008-09-21, 08:44 PM
Regular User

have they started your house yet? wow, I did not know that there only one operating window in each room. what other surprises did you learn? I am looking to find out the price upgrades for kitchen cabinets, berber carpet, underpad, ceramic to ceiling at bathtub. do you know if your house it stll on time for closing date?
Old 2008-09-21, 10:07 PM
Regular User

What is the price for painting all walls a specific colour? Also, what colours are available as standard?
Old 2008-09-23, 09:50 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
have they started your house yet? wow, I did not know that there only one operating window in each room. what other surprises did you learn? I am looking to find out the price upgrades for kitchen cabinets, berber carpet, underpad, ceramic to ceiling at bathtub. do you know if your house it stll on time for closing date?
Hi Fletcher,
They have not started our house yet. They should be pouring the foundation either this week or next =)
Yea, The whole one operating window per room came as a huge shock to us! It's like $170 each to get another operating window too! It really bothered me though as we upgraded in the living room to a Bow Window yet only one window out of the 5 will work :s

Another big surprise was the octagon boxes that needed to be purchased ($80 I think each) in each bathroom for the light fixtures. If you ever planned on changing the light bar that is standard, you would need to purchase this box (Mind you it's $2.00 @ Wal-Mart!!!) But the reasoning is that Mattamy hard wires the light into the wall so it would be difficult to remove and re-wire into another fixture. We had to buy 3!

For me another was that you had to buy a shower door ( if you upgraded the master ensuite) that is $200-$400 as it just comes with a shower rod!

For the upgraded stuff that you had mentioned I will check when I get home tonight as all the papers are at home. I think off the top of my head to tile the ceiling of the bathtub (which we got too!) was $160 - I'll double check though lol

As far as we know (and haven't been told otherwise) that we are on schedule. Crossing my fingers that we stay that way!!!

If you can think of any other upgraded items you'd like to know about, feel free to ask =)

Old 2008-09-23, 10:00 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
What is the price for painting all walls a specific colour? Also, what colours are available as standard?
The pricing for the painting was ridiculous (in my mind!) Especially since it was broken up in pricing (from what I recall) and you had to pay for upstairs and downstairs seperately.

The colours that are available (included colours) are...... drumroll please.....

White, White and off-white!!!

I swear I am not kidding LOL

We chose Oyster 25 which in my opinion has the most colour HAHA. I wish I could show you but you'll have that laugh when you go in for your appointments!

We plan on painting ourselves right when we get the keys to our place!

Old 2008-09-23, 08:14 PM
Regular User

Dion, I know for a fact that the model i purchased the Victoria charges 1,740 for the whole house or $1,249 for the ground floor and upper hall only! In this book of mine for the Hillcrest it states $1,273 for the whole house one optional colour and $1,035 for the main floor and upstairs hall! That is in one designer palette paint. if you want a additional paint colour it ranges from $177.00 to $266 per room!
You are right though quite pricey but I know for a fact that in some houses such as the one I currently own the upstairs hallway near stairs is really hard to paint! the white is basic and if people can afford to get it painted then its good! However I feel it is better to paint it yourself as it kind of distinguishes your identity and makes you truly call it Home! : ]