Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Waterloo Region

Waterloo Region Kitchener, Cambridge, and Waterloo, and the townships of Wellesley, Woolwich, Wilmot, and North Dumfries.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 2008-10-06, 10:34 AM
smartsexystylish's Avatar
smartsexystylish smartsexystylish is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brampton right now - Cambridge (Mill Pond) Next Feb =)
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
i was at the site today and was able to walk thru 2 hillcrests that have been framed. it was so exciting.

i was looking at upgrades on the cabinets. i liked the cabinets in series 3 or 4 with aya. does anyone know the cost for this upgrade in the hillcrest?
Fletcher,
There are 2 Hillcrests out there framed???
I know for sure there is the one next to the Thompson - Lot 167 I think it was, but I am excited to know that there is another!!!
Out lot just got our foundation, so hopefully they will start framing within the next couple of weeks and you can walk through ours =)
We got a ton of upgrades!
I know the Hillcrest we went through (L168) only had the upgraded fireplace.
Does the other Hillcrest have anything?

Style went to the site for us this weekend and took pics of our lot for us (as we couldn't make it up) and I am sooo happy to see our super enlarged cold cellar =)
__________________
Mill Pond (Hespeler) Cambridge Phase 2
Hillcrest, Elevaton "A"



Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 2008-10-06, 11:19 PM
fletcher fletcher is offline
Junior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ontario/cambridge
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartsexystylish View Post
Fletcher,
There are 2 Hillcrests out there framed???
I know for sure there is the one next to the Thompson - Lot 167 I think it was, but I am excited to know that there is another!!!
Out lot just got our foundation, so hopefully they will start framing within the next couple of weeks and you can walk through ours =)
We got a ton of upgrades!
I know the Hillcrest we went through (L168) only had the upgraded fireplace.
Does the other Hillcrest have anything?

Style went to the site for us this weekend and took pics of our lot for us (as we couldn't make it up) and I am sooo happy to see our super enlarged cold cellar =)
style, thanks for the approx pricing in the cabinets. well, i am partial to the dark cabinets and hope i don't have to pay a premium. how was your design appt?

smartsexy, it was good to see the hillcrest framed to get a feeling for the space. i was nervous about buying this layout since they didn't have this model to view. i noticed hillcrest that was located around lot 167...it had the upgrade fireplace and 9' ceiling. The other hillcrest was also on silverthorne, but, it was around the corner (lot 176 or 130). there were no upgrades in that model. i did notice that all the windows only had one operator window. i was upset to see that the window in the front hall, closest to the front door was fixed. there were alot of foundations in the ground. no drywall yet. it's a matter of time before you see more framing.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 2008-10-07, 09:10 AM
smartsexystylish's Avatar
smartsexystylish smartsexystylish is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brampton right now - Cambridge (Mill Pond) Next Feb =)
Posts: 60
Default

Hey Fletcher,
I didn't even notice the 9' Ceilings. (I'm short, everyhing looks tall to me!)
We're heading up tonight to look at our foundation and now I am curious about seeing the other Hillcrest =)
I also want to look at the one operating window. What did you mean when you said that you were upset to see that the window in the front hall, closest to the front door was fixed?

I can't wait until they start framing ours =) We won't have to tour other Hillcrests lol. Then you can check out mine. We got a whole whack of upgrades (Bow Window, Fireplace & Plasma Wall, Ensuite upgraded, larger cold celler, rough in and larger windows, just to name a few!)
__________________
Mill Pond (Hespeler) Cambridge Phase 2
Hillcrest, Elevaton "A"




Last edited by smartsexystylish; 2008-10-08 at 09:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 2008-10-07, 09:47 PM
fletcher fletcher is offline
Junior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ontario/cambridge
Posts: 13
Default

hi smartsexy,
how was your trip to the site? did you find the second hillcrest model? you have to be anxious for the faming of your house to start. i will have to walk thru yours too. i didn't get too many structural upgrades since the lot premium was enough money....my lot backs onto greenspace. the fixed window (that is closest to the front door) means that the window does not open. when you compare both hillcrests, you can see the difference between the 8' and 9' ceilings. also, the windows are bigger with the 9' ceilings. my house is so far away to closing, that, they still need to construct the street...lol
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 2008-10-08, 09:48 AM
smartsexystylish's Avatar
smartsexystylish smartsexystylish is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brampton right now - Cambridge (Mill Pond) Next Feb =)
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletcher View Post
hi smartsexy,
how was your trip to the site? did you find the second hillcrest model? you have to be anxious for the faming of your house to start. i will have to walk thru yours too. i didn't get too many structural upgrades since the lot premium was enough money....my lot backs onto greenspace. the fixed window (that is closest to the front door) means that the window does not open. when you compare both hillcrests, you can see the difference between the 8' and 9' ceilings. also, the windows are bigger with the 9' ceilings. my house is so far away to closing, that, they still need to construct the street...lol
Hey Fletcher,
Our foundation looks good. We went into a couple other lots that were being framed. Lot 168 & 169 have their shingles on the roofs and are ready to be bricked (saw the bricks out side their lots) Lot 168 was completed more than L169. Both have permanent stairs (L169 has upgraded oak stairs already in place) And I am going to assume the Hillcrest (L168) will have carpeted stairs since they are not covered like the other. Both have access to the basements. The Interior door to the garage were locked but the front and back doors we not.
I also found Lot 169's main floors to be super squeaky!

Yea we saw the other Hillcrest you were talking about (They didn't have that house framed the last time we went) And noticed the differences. The first one also got pot lights in the kitchen and the living room. And yea, we saw what you meant which windows were fixed. I wish we got to choose which windows were the ones that opened. I think I am going to leave them cookies and a note on each window opening (before they put the windows in) stating which window I would appreciate them having open. HAHA if that doesn't work, oh well. I tried!

We can't wait until framing begins on our lot! Then we will be walking throught the real thing! We won't have to guess anymore what our upgrades and that will look like. Our framewalk is scheduled for Nov 19th (tentative obviously!) so we should see a whole lot of progress within the month as it's just over a month away.

Oh, you had a lot premium? That sucks... but I guess the greenspace will be better than having neighbours! We didn't have a lot premium so that left more money for upgrades. We only got things that we thought would be too hard (Sometimes impossible) or time/ money consuming after closing. We didn't go overboard with our upgrades (as much as we all would love to!)

When is your closing again?
__________________
Mill Pond (Hespeler) Cambridge Phase 2
Hillcrest, Elevaton "A"



Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 2008-10-08, 08:00 PM
Style's Avatar
Style Style is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brampton now Mill Pond April 2009
Posts: 85
Default

Fletcher

Our design appointment went well! Was good to see how it turned out that we ended up being one of the first to select the replacement Aya cabinets in the 34 foot lots! Some of them are quite nice, we prefer dark as well and that is what we went with! Ours are a cocoa colour and maple door! We had Coretta Small at our appointments and she is super nice and very helpful!

It's good to finally visualize how things will look but it will be even better when they start breaking ground on November 1st and awhile after I can see it in action! There is a house similar to ours minus the fireplace and fourth bedroom upgrade at lot 170 I believe! Though ours will be a mirror image! Go check it out its quite nice! I know next time I am up there I will plus I will go check out smartsexystylish's place as well! Us Brampton people stick together! And she got a few things similar as us that will look fantastic! I love her house its beautiful! I needed a little bigger for the 2 kids though! But the bay windows are beautiful! Best of luck and hopefully we will see you around the community! When do you move in? When do you anticipate your structural and design appointments!
__________________
Mill Pond Victoria Elevation B
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 2008-10-09, 09:44 PM
fletcher fletcher is offline
Junior Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ontario/cambridge
Posts: 13
Default

my closing date is Dec 2009...I know, it's so far away

smartsexy, it must be exciting to see the hole in the ground and the foundation. once they start the framing, you will notice alot of changes. when i walked thru the other hillcrests, i didn't notice the squeaky floors...i will have to pay more attention next time. one thing i hate....is a squeaky floor...lol. i opted for less options to back onto greenspace since i am an outdoors type guy. i chose the lot premium over the 9' ceilings.

style, glad to hear the design appt went well. i looked at the maple cabinets with cocoa....nice choice!! i'm debating between the cocoa and clove. next time i'm at the site, i will check out the victoria model at lot 170...that layout looks nice. a couple i met at the sales office bought the victoria model the same day i bought mine. i'm expecting the structure and design appts around the same time smartsexy move....feb 2009. however, i already picked the exterior brick colour....san antonio. which one did you pick? yes, hope to see you around the new community.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 2008-10-10, 09:19 AM
smartsexystylish's Avatar
smartsexystylish smartsexystylish is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brampton right now - Cambridge (Mill Pond) Next Feb =)
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Style View Post
Fletcher

Our design appointment went well! Was good to see how it turned out that we ended up being one of the first to select the replacement Aya cabinets in the 34 foot lots! Some of them are quite nice, we prefer dark as well and that is what we went with! Ours are a cocoa colour and maple door! We had Coretta Small at our appointments and she is super nice and very helpful!

It's good to finally visualize how things will look but it will be even better when they start breaking ground on November 1st and awhile after I can see it in action! There is a house similar to ours minus the fireplace and fourth bedroom upgrade at lot 170 I believe! Though ours will be a mirror image! Go check it out its quite nice! I know next time I am up there I will plus I will go check out smartsexystylish's place as well! Us Brampton people stick together! And she got a few things similar as us that will look fantastic! I love her house its beautiful! I needed a little bigger for the 2 kids though! But the bay windows are beautiful! Best of luck and hopefully we will see you around the community! When do you move in? When do you anticipate your structural and design appointments!
Haha Thanks Style. I can't wait until your place goes up too! I am excited to see your beautiful home! I would love a larger house... but that is just more for me to clean LOL
__________________
Mill Pond (Hespeler) Cambridge Phase 2
Hillcrest, Elevaton "A"



Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 2008-10-10, 09:44 AM
smartsexystylish's Avatar
smartsexystylish smartsexystylish is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brampton right now - Cambridge (Mill Pond) Next Feb =)
Posts: 60
Default

Hi Fletcher,

It is just sooo real when you see the hole in the ground and then to see foundation..WOW! Out lot marker stick never had our lot number on it, so it was really good to see the spray painted numbers on our foundation lol.
The sqeaky floor is in the thompson next to the Hillcrest. Sorry. I didn't get 9' ceilings as I thought it was pointless to me. I am short so my ceilings would be already super high to me haha


So you already chose your brick before your appointment? Weird... Brick was our last appointment with them.
You know the good thing about your house starting while we're already moved in, is that if you want to know anything about your house and you can't get up there, you can always ask us to check it out for you =) I know when I move in, I'm still going to be on this site and the other one (www.millpondpost.com) to talk with future homeowners in our community =)
__________________
Mill Pond (Hespeler) Cambridge Phase 2
Hillcrest, Elevaton "A"



Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 2008-10-11, 01:05 PM
Style's Avatar
Style Style is offline
Member
Regular User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brampton now Mill Pond April 2009
Posts: 85
Default

We went with CS 13 package which consists of a canyon ridge siding and wakefield is our brick colour which is a dark red colour! Our two neighbours got to pick before us but we wanted our choice anyway so hopefully it all works out! Hard to picture something with afew bricks! And if you dont like it when you move in Oh well TOO BAD! Weve seen a few around our neighbourhood presently and we like them! We liked the Clove cabinet colour also as that is what we have in our current house, I however didnt wanna pay the 1300.00 to upgrade the cabinets instead I chose to go with granite counters and a whack of other upgrades that we liked! The Cocoa maple in Monterrey style was really nice and we were happy with it! It wasnt originally offered and was added just recently and it was a upgrade from Aya in the places it was offered and to get it for standard is pretty good~ All the best!
My house is scheduled for release on Nov 1st so you can check out our Victoria model when its started! We went with four bedrooms, fireplace etc! Lot 3 phase 3 on henwood!
__________________
Mill Pond Victoria Elevation B
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grandwood Ave, Butterwood Lane, Byers Pond & Duffin... Radiant3 Stouffville - River Ridge, MainStreet and Country Lane 80 2008-03-11 06:16 PM
SWM pond skating Russ_Gabe Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill 9 2007-12-16 09:55 AM
Sod in Wheler's Mill gizmo Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill 8 2006-11-19 11:18 AM
Wheler's Mill Sandy & Dave Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill 18 2006-09-07 04:19 AM
What's Up Wheler's Mill! Mark & Ally Stouffville - Mattamy On Main and Wheler’S Mill 1 2006-02-08 08:51 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:35 PM.



Copyright © PHAND Corporation
This document may not be used elsewhere without the expressed written consent of PHAND Corporation.
*** There is no association between this website and any builder. ***

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.