Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2009-02-04, 02:36 PM
Regular User

that great to know about future neighbors, I am so excited about moving in and meeting new neighbors.
mellysac you are pretty close just 2 lots away. and lot 124 is not that far. Its amazing how we are meeting before moving through this forum, It is really great.

Sam
Old 2009-02-04, 05:02 PM
Regular User

Wow! Phase 5 is starting to get busy! It'll be really nice to start seeing more and more people - sometimes it feels like we're living in a ghost town...

To prepare for the PDI, we printed and read the Hawthorne Villager PDI checklist:
http://www.justinchristie.ca/blog//w..._checklist.pdf

I reviewed it about an hour before the actual PDI with Lu but I have to tell you, our builder is really good. When we went in, there was little to nothing other than some paint touch-ups. Lu found scratches on a few window panes that he tagged and that were replaced prior to closing the following week. GGH is a great builder (At least in our experience and compared to the horror stories that we've read about and heard from friends)

Oh yeah...remember to wave when you drive by and see me struggling to clear my mountain of snow! Also, mail pickup is on Harwood Ave north of Ringer Rd. - they close at 2:30pm M-F so we try to swing by once a week. Pizza Hut and Pizza Nova will deliver. KFC will not - our neighbourhood hasn't been mapped yet or something!

Welcome to Decourcy-Ireland Circle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samz View Post
yes we are nervous too. hitormiss did you do any preparation before going to the PDI. I was thinking of printing tarion PDI checklist, is there anything you can recommend.
Only my husband is going to the PDI because I have to stay with kids, my little one cries a lot if I leave him anywhere.
Just cant wait.

sam
Old 2009-02-05, 09:50 PM
Regular User

hey

We had our PDI today. and it was not bad at all, there were wrong fixtures installed in our main washroom, but they are going to fix before closing. other than that just little bit touches are needed here and there. But overall I am very happy about our builder's service and our house.
We are gonna have another appointment with their representative in 2 or 3 weeks time. our closing is exactly week away and we are moving 3 days after that.
I guess I have to start packing now coz it takes more time when you have 1 toddler and a preschooler.

Sam
Old 2009-02-06, 12:21 PM
Regular User

Happy to hear that it went well! Karen will probably drop by for an hour after you have settled in to discuss post-PDI and things like GFCI circuit resets, moisture buildup on your windows, etc.

GGH doesn't just build your house and then walk away - Courtney or Karen are always just a phone call away or you can drive on over to the Customer Care trailer as well.

Good luck with the move! And welcome to the neighbourhood!

Quote:
hey

We had our PDI today. and it was not bad at all, there were wrong fixtures installed in our main washroom, but they are going to fix before closing. other than that just little bit touches are needed here and there. But overall I am very happy about our builder's service and our house.
We are gonna have another appointment with their representative in 2 or 3 weeks time. our closing is exactly week away and we are moving 3 days after that.
I guess I have to start packing now coz it takes more time when you have 1 toddler and a preschooler.

Sam
Old 2009-02-06, 01:12 PM
Regular User

Hey

We are looking for someone who can install our dishwasher, we are moving from toronto so dont know anybody in ajax area. If you guys can recommend someone that would be great.

Sam
Old 2009-02-06, 01:15 PM
Regular User

Hitormiss You are right, we met with Karen and courtney for few minutes.

thanks.

sam
Old 2009-02-06, 04:04 PM

Smile

The reason we bought with GGH is because we have family and friends who bought from them in Williamsburgh in Whitby. Homes were great and customer care was excellent as well, they came in and fixed what ever needed to be fixed. I am pretty sure that it will be the same here.
Old 2009-02-06, 04:21 PM
Regular User

we moved from Toronto as well! I'll PM you the contact of the guys that installed our dishwasher.

Quote:
Hey

We are looking for someone who can install our dishwasher, we are moving from toronto so dont know anybody in ajax area. If you guys can recommend someone that would be great.

Sam
Old 2009-02-08, 01:40 AM
Regular User

Hi Samz, great news! you're home is standing strong. I hope your move is as mild as this afternoon.

And thanks hitormiss for the link, looks really really detailed and helpful. Did you bring all those suggestions?

last but not least, welcome nicpat to the forum...
Old 2009-02-09, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellysac View Post
Hi Samz, great news! you're home is standing strong. I hope your move is as mild as this afternoon.

And thanks hitormiss for the link, looks really really detailed and helpful. Did you bring all those suggestions?

last but not least, welcome nicpat to the forum...
Thanks mellysac.