Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Durham Region > Durham - General

Durham - General For residents of and soon-to-be residents of Ajax, Oshawa, Pickering, Uxbridge, and Scugog

Old 2009-02-11, 09:02 AM

Default Bell offer

I got a call last night from Bell with a deal offered through the builder - 1 year free home phone, 3 months free internet and 3 months free Bell Expressvu. Has anyone who has moved in gone for this? Is it worth it at all?
Old 2009-02-11, 01:57 PM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicpat View Post
I got a call last night from Bell with a deal offered through the builder - 1 year free home phone, 3 months free internet and 3 months free Bell Expressvu. Has anyone who has moved in gone for this? Is it worth it at all?
Rogers offers something similar - 3 free months internet/home phone/cable. Depends on which company you dislike less?
Old 2009-02-15, 07:13 AM
Regular User

This might be a silly question but I recall reading somewhere I should be calling the utilities companies 2 weeks prior to moving in...I can't remember, can someone enlighten me? Thanks
Old 2009-02-15, 08:52 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellysac View Post
This might be a silly question but I recall reading somewhere I should be calling the utilities companies 2 weeks prior to moving in...I can't remember, can someone enlighten me? Thanks
We called Veridian, Durham Water & Sewer, Enbridge - they had all of our information (from either our Lawyer or from GGH) but all it took was a few mins to verify our closing date, etc.

I'd recommend it as you'll have so many other things going on that day, it'll be peace of mind!
Old 2009-02-20, 02:08 PM
Regular User

Default finally moved in

Hey

We have finally moved in our house on 15th. It was sunny day so no snow problems. this last week has been very busy, but now things are getting better but still lots to do.

Ok gotta go now.

Sam
Old 2009-02-20, 09:51 PM

Hi everyone,
I am new to this site and also to the ajax area. I am moving on warnford circle in April. How is the area? I am so scard! I am a first time home buyer.
Old 2009-02-28, 07:51 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monalisa View Post
Hi everyone,
I am new to this site and also to the ajax area. I am moving on warnford circle in April. How is the area? I am so scard! I am a first time home buyer.
Hi monalisa! We closed on the 26th of February but will be moving in officially next weekend, March 6th...We're first time home buyers as well so I definitely know how you feel! We currently live with the parents so up to now we're still apprehensive to jump right in...but there's no better way to do it but hold your breath and dive into the deep end...so to speak. ...so you're part of Phase 4, at least your side is pretty much complete and won't have to deal with construction...yes? I'm not entirely sure. The houses beside ours and behind haven't been built yet so I'm pretty sure it'll be quite messy with us. Anyhow, congratulations to you and your family! A few more sleeps and you'll see it aint so bad...i hope ...i have yet to pay my first mortgage. I hope I didn't scare you some more, but bottom line, you'll do just fine. The fun part is figuring out how to furnish all that space

Take care
Old 2009-02-28, 07:53 AM
Regular User

Quote:
Originally Posted by samz View Post
Hey

We have finally moved in our house on 15th. It was sunny day so no snow problems. this last week has been very busy, but now things are getting better but still lots to do.

Ok gotta go now.

Sam
Hi Samz!! so how does the neighbourhood feel? we went by last night to take measurements of the windows and it was kinda eerie the wind hitting the plastic on houses being built..it was so quiet! how are you and your fam adjusting? Anybody want to comment??
Old 2009-05-22, 09:05 PM
Regular User

Default How is everyone doing so far?

Hello mellysac and Samz,

Its been rather quiet here. How was your move and the settling process so to speak? Is the construction all around you causing a bother? Any Do's and Don'ts for the new movers? Please let us all know.
we are moving on June 10th. Excited and also jittery.

cheers,

Nightsky
Old 2009-06-01, 06:54 PM
Regular User

hi nightsky

Its been long time I haven't logged on on this site just don't get enough time. Its been good, moving and settling still some stuff needs to get done. there is some construction going on but it doesn't bother me at all, actually my kids they enjoy all the machines working here.
I don't know about anybody else but I think I should have really cleaned the basement before moving and putting stuff in there because my basement was pretty dusty and I had to do all that later and it was hard for me to do it with all the stuff in it.
You must be very excited at this time, good luck with your move and tell me when you get time how it was.

Sam

Last edited by samz; 2009-06-01 at 06:56 PM.