Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > York Region > Stouffville > Stouffville - Cardinal Point

Stouffville - Cardinal Point Bought a Geranium home?

Old 2008-06-22, 11:06 PM
Regular User

Default Welcome!

Hi,

I thought I would start the first thread for Cardinal Point and hopefully there will be many more to come and we can share information on our experiences.

Look forward to talking to you all!

Ciao!
Old 2008-06-23, 01:01 PM
Regular User

Great idea!

Have you heard if they still plan to have the model homes open this weekend?
Old 2008-06-23, 11:08 PM
Regular User

As far as I know it is going to be on the 28th but not the optimal weekend as it is a long weekend. I won't be in town so I will have to wait to see the model home when I get back.
Old 2008-06-25, 10:43 PM
Regular User

Just saying hi to everyone from cardinal point
Im on Reeves way and 9th line but since were all living in stouffville i thought i would drop a friendly hello

Old 2008-06-29, 11:45 PM
Regular User

We went up to see the model homes today but only the end one is open (so no comparisons for us 1800 series folks!). not much to see with the model, but most of the phase 1 homes are in progress and we got to walk through our house, which was kinda cool.

how is everyone else coming along....i'm getting excited, and nervous!
Old 2008-07-08, 10:01 AM
Regular User

We went up last weekend to see the model homes too…I was disappointed that only one was open. But you’re right it was great to be able to finally see our house starting to be built. The time is coming very soon…can’t wait!
Old 2009-05-01, 10:47 PM

Default New to all this

Hello,
I'm new to this site, as well as to this experience (first time buyer).
I am just about to cross my T's and dot my I's on a property in Cardinal Point Phase 2-East (Geranium Homes) and was wondering if anyone who has already closed (in Phase 1) would be able to help me with a few concerns. I would very much appreciate any information as I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed
1) Have closing dates been delayed in Phase 1, and if so by how long? I'm concerned with the clause listing all possible delays in closing dates, and the last delay states 18 months following original closing date! And the other clause warning me of "occupational fees" while waiting for official closing is scary too...
2) Can anyone give me a real idea of ALL closing costs are? I feel like i've gotten only partial "estimates".
3) Any other "hind sight is 20-20" type advice anyone can lend?
Thank you so much!!!!
Old 2009-05-16, 06:48 PM
Regular User

most places the closing date is delayed...some people in phase 1 were, some weren't. the largest delay was a couple of months. occupational fees are just "rent" while you're waiting for the approvals to close. you can move in when the house is ready, but you pay the builder instead of the bank to live there. shouldn't be an issue as the condo corp is set up and we're already living here.

Kin was pretty good with the closing costs. Talk to your lawyer too. It will cost more than you expect (everythign will) but that will happen with any house.