Go Back   BuildingHomes.ca - Building your community! > Ontario > Halton Region > Milton

Milton For residents of and soon to be residents of Milton communities. Starlane, Century Grove, Beaverhall, Greenpark, Falconcrest, Tiffany Park Homes, Heathwood Homes, Country Homes, Harkin, North Star and more.

Old 2004-02-13, 12:46 PM
Regular User

Default James Snow Power Centre

Hi,

Looks like we will be getting a Wal-mart & New Canadian Tire Store after all.

Please check out this site

http://www.firstgulf.com/psd_lea_ret.html

I hope we don't get to many Retail Stores in Milton. I like the Ideal of easy access to the Different Stores, but I also enjoy the peace and quietness that Milton has to offer. I just afraid if all this big store come here that Milton will turn out like Markham or Maple.
Old 2004-02-13, 05:30 PM
Administrator

I could really do without a Walmart.

But the Canadian Tire I can understand. The one in Milton reminds me of the one in London I used to go to with my dad every Saturday when I was like 8 years old..

But the new big CT's are just so nice and hopefully will give Walmart a good run for their money. CTC has made money year after year..
Old 2004-02-14, 09:10 PM
Regular User

I read some interesting articles about this new development. From the town's point of view, allowing a WalMart into Milton will result in more people staying in Milton for their shopping needs. I guess right now the problem for the downtown stores is that most people are choosing to go to Mississauga or Oakville for thier shopping.

I too would rather not shop at WalMart. I prefer to support Canadian stores such as the Zellers in the Milton Mall. However, if this does help keep people and their money in Milton, then our economy will benefit from it. I also look forward to that new Canadian Tire.

There is also a good chance of getting a movie theatre at this location. The town has put aside a spot for a theatre, so now they just need someone to step up and build one there. I really hope this happens as it will keep even more people from going else where for dinner & a movie.

/Werner
Old 2004-05-13, 09:56 PM
Regular User

Default theatre

Ooooooooooh I really hope they put a "Rainbow" theatre in there! New movies run just a few weeks after opening and they are really cheap!
Lot #166
178 Ellis Crescent
Old 2004-06-01, 11:07 PM
Regular User

I know Anton and I are constantly driving out of the city for stuff. The Canadian Tire and Zellers here are horrible. Rarely do they have what we are looking for and when they do- finding a price takes forever.

Another positive aspect beyond travelling outside of Milton - is jobs for people in Milton. Places like Walmart and movie theatres etc make great places for teens and others to work close to home.
Old 2004-06-02, 11:49 AM
Regular User

I hoping they might consider putting in a CHAPTER or INDIGO. I thing this would be a nice location for one. The closes one I believe is at Square One
Old 2004-06-02, 03:04 PM

Default Chapters

There's a Chapters in Oakville at Winston Churchill and Dundas. But it would be great to have one open in Milton, even if it's not a big box one like in Oakville.